Akon has to be the greatest artist ever....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Seriously, this guy has about 4 songs on the radio. I just love how his rap/singing is always echo'd. It's like they producer really wants his voice to stick in your mind for hours and hours and hours after you hear the song.....

Or maybe it's just that radio plays every one of his songs a couple of times each hour.

I made the mistake of forgetting my iPod when driving around, so I decided to give the radio a try *shudder*. This "artist" must be the hot thing right now. I can't wait till he's over with.

While you’re at it, can someone please explain the Pussy Cat Dolls to me as well, please? Anyone?

They're strippers, I get that, and only one can actually sing (and I use that term lightly) and it's all about "female empowerment" or whatever but I mean really...

Is this what popular music has come to?

I'm so glad I'm not a teenager anymore, that would suck big time...:tsk:

He really adds something to Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape"

"Ooooh ooh, ooooh ooh"

I like them too.

I don't need all of my music to be amazing and profound. Sometimes, I just wanna drive around and crank something fun.

elevated_u2_fan said:
While you’re at it, can someone please explain the Pussy Cat Dolls to me as well, please? Anyone?

They're strippers, I get that, and only one can actually sing (and I use that term lightly) and it's all about "female empowerment" or whatever but I mean really...

Is this what popular music has come to?

I'm so glad I'm not a teenager anymore, that would suck big time...:tsk:

I love my pop music, like BC said it doesn't need to be profound or amazing for me to enjoy it but I have to say the PCD are awful.
I've been to a lot of cheesy concerts but theirs was the worst I have been to. They really were tragic.

i can understand not needing to listen to everything profound...but theres a line crossed when the only words a guy sings is "i wanna :censored: you" over and over again

Sugarbabes and Girls Aloud are my fun music:wink:

Though their cover of Walk This Way for Comic Relief is horrendous:sick:

The arrangement is so messy and icky.

Akon makes me skin crawl. :happy:

So far none of my friends like Akon or The Pussycat Dolls. I have great friends. :drool:

It doesn't have to be profound or have a deep political meaning....I just get tired of hearing it. It's nothing new with radio for the past 10 years.

I wonder how much these record labels pay the stations to cram a certain artist down our throats? Why can't anything be done about radio?

I guess I wouldn't care Akon was played on the radio if there were other artists that would get played as well. Instead it's just Gwen Stefani featuring "flavor of the moment", or Justin Timberlake featurning "flavor etc", or Timbaland with whoever.

That's just the Pop stations. Then you have the variety stations that play Coldplay wannabe songs, or Nickleback.

Really wish I could find a good college station around here.

Back
Top Bottom