Airplanes and perfume...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
So Thursday I fly away to the UK for a few weeks. Last time I didn't take perfume, and I wish I had. This time I'd really like to take it, but I'm not sure of the best way to travel with it. I'm checking a bag and I'll have a carry on, but I don't know the best place to put it(besides in a ziploc bag).
If anyone has any opinions or advice, I'm listening.
Thanks
Mrs.Clayton

It'd do best in your carry on if you can fit it in there and yes make sure you put it in a ziploc bag :up:

*edited to say*

One time I put it in my regular suitcase and by the time I landed and picked it up it had spilled all over my clothes...which left some of them stained. And I didn't put it in any type of bag. It was one of the last items I was putting in there so I just threw it in there. I learned my lesson and now I have it on my carry on.

Last edited:
Yup, carryon. :up: I have put it in my luggage, and it was fine, but I put it in a plastic bag just to be safe. All my stuff like shampoos, conditioners, mousse etc get put in plastic bags.

Here's a cool hint for travelling with perfume: go to a local department store and ask for a sample of your perfume. That way you can bring the sample with you and don't need to carry the entire bottle! :happy:

oliveu2cm said:
Here's a cool hint for travelling with perfume: go to a local department store and ask for a sample of your perfume. That way you can bring the sample with you and don't need to carry the entire bottle! :happy:

outstanding idea...or, buy a smaller dispenser to put it in. And, putting it in a carry-on is a must. :up:

I have a pair of pair Doc Martens boots that look cool and smell like cologne (I put the bottle in the boots, and it burst due to the lack of pressure in the cargo hold).

Back
Top Bottom