Airborne?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
http://www.airbornehealth.com/

A friend of mine told me about this stuff that supposedly works wonders if you're at that "feeling like crap and just about to get sick" stage. I started to feel like crap at work yesterday and by the time I was on my way home I decided to stop at Walgreen's. Sure enough, there was only one box of the lemon lime stuff left. It sort of tastes like flat Sprite, and when I woke up this morning I felt slightly better. In fact, after three glasses spread out throughout the day, I feel pretty decent right about now (if not a bit tired, but that's just from being home and bored all day).

Has anyone else tried this? If so, how has it worked out for you?

I used to take Airborne but then a friend of mine told me about this herbal medicine "Yin Chao" (it comes in liquid form or tablets... I like the liquid-you just put drops od it in juice or water) that you can get at places like Wild Oats. It works much better for me than Airborne, but you do have to take it when you are first feeling icky. Makes you go from:barf: to:cool:

:up:

We use it all the time. I think the Orange flavor is much better than the lemon lime.

We also use the stuff called Emergen-C.

With kids attending illness factories (schools), we are faced with new colds all the time.

Airborne is really getting popular - and can be found at Costco or Walmart.

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. My boss swears by it and got me to take some as I was starting to get sick. They say as long as you take it within 48 hours of "feeling like crap" it should work. But, it didn't for me.

Still, you get all the good vitamins to ward off a cold - Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin A, etc.

Well, there's no clinical evidence that Airborne works. It is a cocktail of herbs and vitamins. Realy, to use it right, and for it to work properly, you should take it in the first 24 hours of the onset of symtoms. Or if you want to use it as prophylaxis (preventative) use it while you are in a confined space for extended periods of time, like a plane ride. There is also a product by the name of coldsnap that a lot of my patients feel works for them. It goes by the same principles.

If you want to use something that is clinicaly proven to work you should use zinc.

Greg

My wife (who is a teacher) takes it like candy.

She's getting to the stage of a certain Greek man and his windex.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Well, I felt good enough to go to the gym today. :happy:

I actually had a good work out too. Hooray for Airborne!

I worked out then took it.
Then cleaned the house. I feel like crap but I'm hopeful :happy:

I have tried Airborne and I think it worked. The instructions say to keep taking it if you are around crowds of people like on airplanes, theatre, shopping malls, etc. you should take it every 3 hours or so. My sister gave me some in Portland and I didn't get sick!

My co-workers swear by it, several of my software engineers travel all over the world and 2 of them take Airborne since it first hit the market.

I have also heard of the herbal drops that you put in juice. I think when it comes to the whole herbal thing it's what you want to try and what works for you. Every body chemistry is different.:wink:

You are better off getting lots of rest, drink fluids until no end, and keep getting lots of vitamins (e.g. antioxidants)

Fluids are important though. It increases the output of the kidneys which helps to flush viruses and bacteria out of the blood stream.

Airborne always nips my colds in the bud. My boyfriend had this really wicked cold this past week and I took it a few times and managed not to get sick....really good seeing as though I was breathed on and was pratically living in an incubator for germs. I love the stuff!! and thats coming from someone who used to always be under the weather!

Back
Top Bottom