AIM virus WARNING!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
One of my kids clicked on something a buddy sent them and now we have an AIM virus. It looks like a link any friend would send another friend, but it's a virus that will manifest itself to all your buddies and their buddies and on and on. The worst thing is it uses the trust of AIM friends :sad: :mad: So look out for this and don't click on anything anyone sends you unless you stop and ask your friend what it is and if they meant to send it!

Sorry, too poor to replace my computer and everything on it. Well I just wanted to warn you guys, this virus sucks :grumpy:

Must be real bad in VA! :scream:

It hits young people especially hard because it starts out something like 'hey check out me acting stupid!' and people click on it thinking it's their friend. Buddies of mine didn't fall for it though, because the ones it went to were from a history board, and they thought that was a weird thing for me to say, so they just posted a bunch of ??? and 'huh?' until I was able to tell them don't click on it. While I don't AIM much, I am staying off for awhile because it automatically goes out even if you aren't trying to contact the person, and I don't want to take a chance on anyone getting it.

Back
Top Bottom