Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
It's the most... wonderful time... of the year...

Championship week begins today, Tourney selection night next sunday, NCAA Tourney begins on March 16th :drool:

aaaand we have our first team in the Big Dance...

MRKWKUAUPWJHOSA.20060127222455.jpg

one down, 64 to go.

I hope FSU makes it :hyper:

and Duke faces Gonzaga and loses in the Championship game:hyper:

im sure the NCAA can rig it like the NBA so they end up facing each other

Isn't the UNC-Duke game tonight a regular game(as opposed to ACC Tourny game)?

I must say I am surprised at how well UNC has done this year considering their whole damn championship team went to the NBA.

I think UConn could either win every game in the tournament by 10 points, or lose in the second round to Creighton.

so far we've had 6 national TV games on ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS... 5 of them have gone down to the last minute as a one possession game, 2 of 'em going to overtime.

uconn almost blows senior day at home but then get a few choice foul calls down the stretch and some stupid turnovers by louisville and hang on.

rudy gay is soooo over-rated.

i know i rarely say one play cost a team the game... and in reality, it didn't... but damn, some asshole on charlotte just got T'd up for elbowing a guy in the face... with the ball and the lead, mind you... giving GW a chance for a miracle... which they get. sooo stupid.

and we have our third team in...
24_nail.jpg

Teams In The Dance
UPenn
Winthrop
Belmont

leeemwire goldwire or whatever that idiots name was sure made a nice clutch play at the end of the charlotte gw game.

not one, but two elbows thrown at the guys head.

The hype for tonight's UNC-Duke game is getting ridiculous. Is there some way for both of them to lose?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
upon further review the GW kid shoulda been T'd up as well... he blatantly pulled the elbower by the back of his jersey.

still an absolute bonehead play by the kid from Charlotte... but there should have been double T's handed out, no free throws, Charlotte retains possession.

yes but when you throw not one but two elbows at the other guys head, it makes the GW guy look pretty innocent. he could have gotten away without a T with the first one...second one, no dice

just cuz...
MarchMadness.gif

off to watch my daughter play in the semi-finals (she's in 6th grade). 2 of the team players are out tonite because their parents overbooked their activities, and they felt the beginning of soccer is more important than the last 1-2 games of the basketball season and winning the tournament :madspit:

Well, looks like Lee Melchionni was the only Duke senior who brought his A-game tonight.

speedracer said:
Well, looks like Lee Melchionni was the only Duke senior who brought his A-game tonight.
:shrug: Meh... the Heel's outplayed us tonight. I'm not one of those arrogant fans who can't or won't readily admit that. Doesn't matter, anyway. I still :heart: Duke! :wink:

i have two rules for college basketball... always pick at least one 12 over a 5, and never bet on Duke-Carolina.

tyler hansbrough grew up in the second half of that game last nigh... if not for my dislike for all things roy williams, i would probably love the kid... but alas, i'll settle for just liking him.

so we have a few more teams dancing...

OLCSVRZGAPNECHP.20060305002921.jpg

Murray State

capt.ecad5022b3eb461a92ab4aabb7e413d9.mvc_bradley_southern_illinois_basketball_stk116.jpg

Southern Illinois

and finally

KennyStraightAhead.jpg

Davidson

despite the fact that Davidson coach Bob McKillop once elbowed me in the chin in a camp staff game, i still have to give him a big :up: for getting Davidson back into the dance.

I'm gonna have to agree with Dickie V on two points from last night:

1) J.J. is worn out emotionally and needs a bit of a break heading into tourney time.

2) Duke has been overachieving all year.

In the Duke losses I've seen this year (I missed the FSU game), it seems like the way to beat Duke is to get Shelden Williams into early foul trouble and to put at least two, maybe three, people on Redick at all times. Unfortunately, this team doesn't have the number 3 or 4 guys to step up like the other Duke championship teams did (Grant Hill, anyone?). I still like them to make a run for the championship, though, especially if they get a nice bracket full of cupcakes.

Back
Top Bottom