Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
if they meant to throw the ball the length of the court off the backboard, then that's one hell of a smart and gutsy play (can you be smart and gutsy? :hmm: ) by winthrop to try to get a good shot with so little time and so far to go... couldn't pull it off though

If that guy can chuck a basketball 94 feet and nail the backboard on demand, I think the Detroit Lions have a job for him.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
cbs has decided not to show the delayed ucla-belmont game on the east cost... counting on it being a blowout i assume. if belmont pulls off the upset, cbs is gonna look like a bunch of douchebags.

I'm on the East Coast and they broke into the game just after the national news. And now Belmont is getting blown out.

speedracer said:

If that guy can chuck a basketball 94 feet and nail the backboard on demand, I think the Detroit Lions have a job for him.

I think you have nailed at least one of the Lions' issues: they are playing with basketballs!

speedracer said:

well the lions do seem to be stockipling mediocre quarterbacks these days... i guess they're gonna get one mediocre QB for every mediocre wideout they've drafted over the past 5 years.

What a crazy bracket day... I only missed two games in my #1 bracket, but of those two games I missed (Nevada and San Diego State), I had both teams in the Sweet Sixteen.

Oh well. Washington took down Utah State so I am 100% satisfied.

A fairly solid 13-3 day. I guess I can go ahead and chalk it up as 13-4 since I had Cuse making it to the Sweet 16.

well after the first day, those who picked uconn, villanova, west virginia, pittsburgh or georgetown to do things in this tournament might start to become a little nervous after watching the big east go 0-3 on day 1. and not only did all three teams, including the tourney champs, lose, they lost fairly easily... seton hall getting run off the court, marquette getting blown out early before making a late run to get it closer, and syracuse trailed the whole way against a&m.

so there are only a few explanations i can think of to explain this...
a) it's a fluke
b) the big east schedule & tournament is so tough that teams are just worn out by now
c) despite having 258 teams, the big east simply is a tad over-rated.

a stellar 10-6 on day one, two sweet 16 teams gone, all regional finalists and final four teams still alive... knock on wood.

only pool i'm in for money requires you to pick only the final four teams, the winner, and the total points of the championship game...

Now some people, like the folks at a bar in Staten Island, N.Y., take this to great heights. What began as a simple $10 pool has escalated over the years, until last year thousands of people wagered enough money that the pot was more than $1 million. If you think everyone in that bracket pool had a rooting interest in anything but their bank account you're kidding yourself.
-MSNBC.com

... yup, that's the one... so i'm good to go.

Chizip said:

Watching a Steve Fisher-coached team self-destruct down the stretch with dumb turnovers, 10 second possessions, throwing an inbounds pass out the back of the court...brings back memories of Fisher's teams at Michigan.

I always defended him when I was growing up as a Michigan fan, but he really is an awful in-game coach.

Northwestern St. just got wanged -- clear foul on an Iowa player (wrapping his arm around the defender) gets called against them at the end of the game.

One of my best friends is probably the biggest Iowa fan around. Hawkeye tattoo on his right shoulder blade, his room is painted black except for a huge yellow hawkeye on one wall, etc.

I think he might kill himself now

After yesterday's 13-3 start I find myself sitting on a 5-3 start to the second day.

Not looking good for today... tonight's picks:

NC State over Cal
Texas over Penn
Pitt over Kent State
Kansas over Bradley
UConn over Albany
UAB over Kentucky
MSU over George Mason
UNC over Murray State

It would sure be nice to nail every one of those, although UConn and Texas are the only teams I'm thinking are sure things at this point.

UConn should be the most despicable team in college basketball this year, seeing that the only reason they avoided losing to a 16 seed was because Jim Calhoun readmitted a laptop thief to the team.

But still, they're not Duke.

Back
Top Bottom