Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Villanova v. Gonzaga
duke, gonzaga, unc, villanova
Gonzaga, UConn
You guys are killing me!! :mad: :wink: Gonzaga has not made it to the Sweet 16 in their last three appearances. And look at how this team has played over the last few months. Quit giving them free passes for what they did seven years ago.

Gonzaga will not get past SDSU/Indiana. Hell, they may not even get past Xavier.

(Note that I'm not just being a major homer - I do think Utah State has a legitimate shot to take us down in Round 1. I have us at 70% chance to take down Utah, but only a 40% chance against Illinois.)

As for my predictions? I don't know yet - I haven't hide time to fill out a bracket yet. All I can say from watching the selection show is that the Memphis/UCLA/Gonzaga region is absolute cake. Bad one seed, bad two seed, bad three seed. If any is wide open for the taking, this is it.

seriously

gonzaga stinks

they might make it to the sweet 16 because indiana stinks as well, but thats as far as theyll get

i wont be surprised if they lose to xavier in the first round either

Well, as he just said, that region is absolute cake. That's the only reason why I have Gonzaga going so far. If they were in a different bracket, I certainly wouldn't have them so deep...

fmattyh said:
As for my predictions? I don't know yet - I haven't hide time to fill out a bracket yet. All I can say from watching the selection show is that the Memphis/UCLA/Gonzaga region is absolute cake. Bad one seed, bad two seed, bad three seed. If any is wide open for the taking, this is it.

that's the point... their region is terrible.

do i honestly think they'll get to the final 4? no... but their region is bad enough that it's possible... in all reality kansas will probably get there. but seeing as i did my brackets based on entertainment value alone, i went with gonzaga 'cause i'd like to see redick and morrison duel it out. simple as that.

i would not be surprised if gonzaga got bounced early... i simply don't care. the only pool i'm entering is for 10 bucks. this field is so shitty that it's not worth any more than that.

How about Pittsburgh? I'm liking them out of that region.

But man, it's going to be really hard to not to pick a Duke-UConn final. They really are the two best teams out there.

2 words: Go bucks.

If we are hitting the three and Dials stays out of foul trouble, we are pretty much unstoppable. But, then again, those two things have not been happening the last 5 games or so.

fmattyh said:
How about Pittsburgh? I'm liking them out of that region.

i like pittsburgh so much i picked kent state.

:shrug: i've got kansas advancing anyways, and i gotta find a 5-12 upset somewhere, and i feel pitt is the lesser of the four 5 seeds (they're probably better than nevada but montana's terrible), so kent state moves on.

I think the question on everyone's mind is... Who did you pick as the play in winner?

i dont think any big 10 team is going to go too far

indiana sucks and if they had hit an open 6 foot shot at the last second they would have been 2-0 against ohio st this year, so i really dont see them as "unstoppable"

i have ohio state bounced in the 2nd round to georgetown. not that my picks this year mean anything... i like an athletic team with a quality big that runs the princeton offense. it ammuses me, so i picked georgetown into the sweet 16 just for shits and giggles. they will be good eventually... john thompson the third will win a title at georgetown somewhere down the line.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

didn't know you were on the team

I was born in Ohio, I've lived here my whole life. I attend Ohio State and I pay a truckload of money to do so. Close enough for me.

Georgetown is a decent team, they could take us if the threes aren't falling.

Chizip said:
i dont think any big 10 team is going to go too far

indiana sucks and if they had hit an open 6 foot shot at the last second they would have been 2-0 against ohio st this year, so i really dont see them as "unstoppable"

If you watched other games you would know those were 2 of our worst games of the year. Indiana was also one of the hottest teams in the nation when we beat them in the big ten tourney (playing crappy basketball) Our 4 losses before Iowa in the big ten final were by a total of 15 points. The big ten is the best conference in America according to the RPI. If the Buckeyes play their game, they will go far.

Sorry guys, I had no idea it was so hard for people to watch (I thought it was too blurry to be graphic. I figured if you were clicking on a link to see someone's eye get poked, you'd kinda knew what was coming. My apologies.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

my biggest questions as the madness begins

what will the missouri valley conference do?
will anyone from george mason punch paul davis in the nuts?
will allan ray keep his eyeballs in their proper sockets?
which jj redick will show up?
with the game on the line, who takes the big shot for uconn?
who is this year's bucknell/vermont? i'm keepin' an eye on belmont, davidson, winthrop, kent state and san diego state...

let the madness begin :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom