Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's ironic that the player you most compare adam morrison to took a team that was not as good as this gonzaga team to the regional semi's, including a victory over washington, i do believe...
Exactly - I saw Wally in that game against us - he is exactly like Adam Morrison. Except he didn't play on a school that got the pub (or ESPN contract) of Gonzaga, so no one paid as much attention to him.

aaand yea, i'm taking morrison, without much thought. that's not to say that roy isn't a good player in his own right, and by no means do i think that adam morrison is the next larry bird. but morrison is simply a better player.
Agree to disagree. While I realize my bias probably favors Roy to some extent, my rooting interests also mean that I've watched them both play all season long. Based on what I've seen, plus the numbers, I have a hard time picking Morrison over Roy.

Ah, George Washington, that was great. :) Gonzaga is a three, right about where they should be. I'm pissed that we're in UConn's quadrant - I don't want a repeat of last time we faced them in the tourney... :mad: :sad: Ah well, no guarantees we get past Illinois.

the oakland bracket is terrible... UCLA as a 2? come on... gonzaga can win that bracket.
I do have a hard time seeing UCLA as a 2, but that might be just because Washington beat them twice this year. Sadly, I do think Gonzaga has a reasonable chance to get to the Elite Eight, or even the Final Four with those matchups. On the other hand, I'd put even money on them not reaching the Sweet Sixteen.

fmattyh said:
I do have a hard time seeing UCLA as a 2, but that might be just because Washington beat them twice this year. Sadly, I do think Gonzaga has a reasonable chance to get to the Elite Eight, or even the Final Four with those matchups. On the other hand, I'd put even money on them not reaching the Sweet Sixteen.

Memphis beat Gonzaga by a healthy margin earlier in the season, and that was with Adam Morrison scoring 34. I don't think Gonzaga isn't going to improve on that.

speedracer said:

Memphis beat Gonzaga by a healthy margin earlier in the season, and that was with Adam Morrison scoring 34. I don't think Gonzaga isn't going to improve on that.

but then again they only lost to uconn by 2...

gonzaga is a team that could get bounced in the 2nd round to indiana or could catch fire and end up in the final four, and i wouldn't be surprised either way.

There are so many teams like that this year. UConn losing in the 2nd round wouldn't be a complete shocker.

As much as it would kill my brackets, I would love to finally see a 16 knock off a 1. :drool: :drool: :drool:

hate to say it, but the way the bracket is set up, I think Duke can waltz into the championship game

I'm Ready said:
hate to say it, but the way the bracket is set up, I think Duke can waltz into the championship game

Don't tell that to Jay Bilas, he thinks they've got the toughest road. Then again, I'm sure he's not the slighest bit biased being a Duke grad.

randhail said:

Don't tell that to Jay Bilas, he thinks they've got the toughest road. Then again, I'm sure he's not the slighest bit biased being a Duke grad.

seeing how they handled texas earlier this year, Iowa is their toughest challenger in Atlanta

moving on from their I see Gonzaga as a mild threat, and maybe Memphis, but I have them getting upset by Kansas, so that won't be a factor:wink:

the rockin edge said:
Iowa got a 3 seed :rockon:

Hell, yeah! And Northern Iowa made it in, too. I screamed and frightened the neighbors when they announced that one. I honestly didn't expect them to make it in.

I just happen to have the day off on Friday, when both of them are playing, so I don't have to worry if the games end up being in the afternoon.

Bono's shades said:

Hell, yeah! And Northern Iowa made it in, too. I screamed and frightened the neighbors when they announced that one. I honestly didn't expect them to make it in.

:lol:

:ohmy: i missed that

:rockon:

maybe Iowa will actually get reasonably far this year after getting a good seed.

DaveC said:
Final Four:
Villanova v. Tennessee
Texas v. Gonzaga

Final:
Villanova v. Gonzaga

Nat'l Champion:
Villanova

Bet on it. :wink:
Well looking at DaveC's track record, anyone filling out a bracket for a pool can now eliminate these 4 from final 4 contention.:wink:

these brackets are horse shit... the Minneapolis and Oakland brackets are terrible. UCLA is not a 2 seed.

and minneapolis is such a pile of donkey crap that i'm really considering taking BC into the final four, and it wouldn't be so shocking to people if i did.

i call shennaningans... this "put the teams close to where they play" thing is a bunch of bullshit.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i call shennaningans... this "put the teams close to where they play" thing is a bunch of bullshit.

Yeah, it screws up the seedings, but it gets a bigger turnout for the first couple rounds. And it's better than in recent years, where they only put the top seeds near home, thus giving them another advantage.

i couldnt have picked a better position for Indiana, the bracket is definitely set up for them to make a run

of course theyll probably lose to san diedgo st

uhhh... :shifty:

RobinsonNavybball.jpg

not many admirals in the air foce :wink:

same thing.:|

You saying there aren't any 7 foot tall pilots....lol

I'll go hide in the corner and pretend that I didn't post "air force"

i've completed my shitacular bracket.

duke, gonzaga, unc, villanova
duke, carolina in the finals
duke wins

i am not very confident in my picks. if you bet on it, you will probably lose.

baisicly i got so frustrated trying to pick teams that i just went with what teams would be the most entertaining for me come final 4 time. there's some top notch basketball intellect for ya. i might as well picked my teams based on who had the pertiest colors.

Back
Top Bottom