Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time. - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #331
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:02 AM
i like this game...

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i don't care what anyone tells me... I find it very difficult to believe that there are as many if not more tournament caliber teams in the Missouri Valley Conference than in the ACC.

i heard one of these so called experts on ESPN Radio this morning actually make a case for six teams from the MVC and three from the CAA, with the ACC only getting 4, maybe 5. that's just silly. you wanna put 2 teams from the CAA in? fine... wanna put 2 or 3 from the MVC? fine. but 3 from the CAA and 6 from the MVC? come on now... let's get serious here.
good job jackass

Quote:
am i the only one who, when jay bilas said "uconn could have a lot of distractions playing in D.C." thought to himself "hmm, there's a lot of lap tops in D.C., ain't there?"
zing!

Quote:
these brackets are horse shit... the Minneapolis and Oakland brackets are terrible. UCLA is not a 2 seed.
what a moron

Quote:
i have ohio state bounced in the 2nd round to georgetown. not that my picks this year mean anything... i like an athletic team with a quality big that runs the princeton offense. it ammuses me, so i picked georgetown into the sweet 16 just for shits and giggles. they will be good eventually... john thompson the third will win a title at georgetown somewhere down the line.
hey! i got one right!

Quote:

my biggest questions as the madness begins

what will the missouri valley conference do?
will anyone from george mason punch paul davis in the nuts?
will allan ray keep his eyeballs in their proper sockets?
which jj redick will show up?
with the game on the line, who takes the big shot for uconn?
who is this year's bucknell/vermont? i'm keepin' an eye on belmont, davidson, winthrop, kent state and san diego state...

let the madness begin
did well... not that i know of... yes... the bad one... denham brown... geeeeeorge mason. although every one of those teams i thought had a chance to pull a big first round upset, with the exception of belmont, actually came close to doing the deed.

college basketball is as inexact a science as you can find... there are just sooo many teams, and teams from the east coast rarely play those from the west coast, and power conference teams never play mid-major's unless it's a home game or in a tourney... so it's tought to really decide who is actually good and who isn't until it's all over.

but now that it almost is...

-the SEC was probably the best conference in the nation
-the Pac-10 wasn't as shitty as everyone thought
-the Big 10, the RPI #1 ranked conference, sucked
-the Big East is a tad over-rated
-the MVC is legit
-Hofstra should have gotten in
-the RPI was dead on with the MVC and the CAA teams, while being way off on the Big 10... it's like the BCS Lite.

and lastly... 3 million+ entries were submitted to ESPN.com's tourne pool... of those 3 million plus, 4... FOUR... had an LSU, UCLA, Florida, George Mason final four.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

I'm shocked there were 4.
Probably all GMU students or alums.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #333
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
[i]

and lastly... 3 million+ entries were submitted to ESPN.com's tourne pool... of those 3 million plus, 4... FOUR... had an LSU, UCLA, Florida, George Mason final four. [/B]
Wow, I wouldn't even think it would be that high.

Probably someone who has never watched a game in their life or someone who just likes the jerseys.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

4 out of 3,000,000, huh?

If you had picked the Final Four teams out of each region at random, you'd have a 1 in 65,536 chance of nailing all four.

That's it. Next year I'm using a Magic 8-ball to fill out my brackets.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #335
Blue Crack Distributor

there were zero entries of the 3 million plus who had all 16 sweet 16 teams. i think there were like a dozen or so who had 15 of 16.

this tournament has been very painful on the eyes at times... but george mason is certainly making up for it in a true hoosiers style. and just to make it better... and you KNOW cbs is going to figure this one out and try to capitalize on it like no one's business... the final four is in, of all places, indianapolis... capital of hoosier land. i'm seeing a montage of clips voiced by gene hackman as a lead in saturday

if only they moved it from the peyton dome to the butler field house...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075

Probably someone who has never watched a game in their life or someone who just likes the jerseys.

No ESPN did a piece on the four people. They are: the President of George Mason University, the head coach of the George Mason basketball team, some nerdy freshman living in a George Mason U. dorm, and a chick from the Psychic Friends hotline...

Old 03-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #337
ONE
love, blood, life

LeMarcus Aldridge is saying he might not come out now.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #338
Blue Crack Distributor

kelvin sampson and his collection of blue shirts and red ties is headed to indiana... for what reason, i'm not exactly sure... but he is none the less.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #339
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075

Or the most likely explaination of all, they thought they had picked George Washington.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
kelvin sampson and his collection of blue shirts and red ties is headed to indiana... for what reason, i'm not exactly sure... but he is none the less.
that really came out of nowhere, im not really sure what to think.

he's better than alford at least.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #341
War Child

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I think Isaiah Thomas would have been a better fit for IU.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #342
Blue Crack Distributor

i don't quite understand why sampson would leave oklahoma... i understand that it's always gonna be a football school and he'll always be second fiddle, but it's still a great job... it's not exactly an upgrade, he's just moving from one power conference school to another. oklahoma's actually been better of late.

watch some sort of scandle at oklahoma pop up now that he's gone... that would pretty much explain it if it did...
Old 03-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
i don't quite understand why sampson would leave oklahoma... i understand that it's always gonna be a football school and he'll always be second fiddle, but it's still a great job... it's not exactly an upgrade, he's just moving from one power conference school to another. oklahoma's actually been better of late.

watch some sort of scandle at oklahoma pop up now that he's gone... that would pretty much explain it if it did...
there already is a scandal, assistant coaches made over 500 calls to high school kids illegally. theyve self imposed sanctions on themselves, but the ncaa said it wasnt good enough and there should be more. some could follow sampson to indiana, there is a ruling next month. this whole thing makes me nervous, indiana used to be better than all this crap. couldnt indiana find a coach that wouldnt bring possible ncaa sanctions with him?

and im sorry, but indiana is one of the most storied college basketball programs of all time. recent success aside, oklahoma is not on the same level as indiana prestige wise.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor

just read on espn that there is a bit of a problem with illegal phone calls to recruits at oklahoma... makes a bit more sense now. i find it bullshit that a coach can do something improper, have their program placed on probation, and then just leave the program for antoher one and not have the troubles that he created follow him. oh well.

sampson's a good coach... he'll win at indiana. i don't know if he'll ever win a national title there, but he'll win. indiana just isn't the school it once was, so i don't know if he'll be able to get the recruits to win it all. if they weren't going to get a huge name... which they weren't, 'cause no huge name was going to indiana (unless you count isiah as a huge name), then they probably should have went with a young up and coming coach like turgeon fro wichita state, allowed him to scrap the program down and build it back up again from scratch... but i don't even know if that would fly there. from what you read it sounds like the boosters there are almost like the townies from Hoosiers, who are set in their ways, want things done their own way, and think their way is perfect... and i'm not quite sure if Kelvin Sampson is Norman Dale.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #345
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
and im sorry, but indiana is one of the most storied college basketball programs of all time. recent success aside, oklahoma is not on the same level as indiana prestige wise.
change is with was and i'm with ya.

oklahoma's had a higher level of success recently than indiana... and indiana can't even keep their own recruits in state these days, the same way st. john's can't keep anyone in new york.

st. john's and indiana are very familiar actually... once storied programs, highly recognizable names across the nation, but unable to keep their own recruits based on the intense pressure level to succeed for your home town program... both programs are a shell of their former selves.