Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time. - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #271
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
And holding up West Virginia as some sort of ideal, when a big part of their game plan is jacking up tons of 3s because their lack of rebounding gives their opponents so many more shot opportunities...dunno about that.
look i'm not gonna get into a huge disertation here 'cause it's not worth the time or energy.

all i know is that someone who's dedicated their entire life to playing and now coaching basketball, i'm disgusted to see what it's become on the highest levels. it's ugly, disgusting, grding it out basketball. yes, i also see the irony that my favorite team, the knicks, helped push american basketball in this direction in the early 90s.

is west virginia's offense some sort of ideal? no... their offense is a gimmick. i know that. but they are all skilled players who can shoot. i'd much prefer to watch guys who can shoot the ball than guys like tyrus thomas or josh boone who are athletic freaks with little to no offensive ability. that's just me.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #272
Blue Crack Distributor

i will give ya this about duke's D... a little zone action, which coach K never does, would have gone a long way last night 'cause LSU couldn't hit an outside shot to save their life, and duke could have won by default in a game that was even uglier than the uglyness that it already was. but that's not kryzyzewski's style, so he stuck with the man to man.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Final Four:
Villanova v. Tennessee
Texas v. Gonzaga

Final:
Villanova v. Gonzaga

Nat'l Champion:
Villanova

Bet on it.
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Me too.

My only Final Four teams left are Villanova (who I picked to win the whole tomato) and Texas.
So the smart money's on BC tonight then?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i will give ya this about duke's D... a little zone action, which coach K never does, would have gone a long way last night 'cause LSU couldn't hit an outside shot to save their life, and duke could have won by default in a game that was even uglier than the uglyness that it already was. but that's not kryzyzewski's style, so he stuck with the man to man.
I had Syracuse beating LSU in the second round for exactly this reason, but it never happened.

K's coaching style is starting to remind me a little bit of Joe Torre -- they both have great track records, but they're completely set in their ways and reluctant to change or adapt.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

BC off to a hot start
Old 03-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Whoo boy. Villanova better pull this one out. Otherwise Headache is going to put a gun in his mouth.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Unfortunate to see BC knocked out, although my former high school classmate Sean Williams is turning into quite a bad ass.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #278
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

I never understand when people say this. Is it supposed to make them feel better about the loss?
No. I am angry either way. I am sick of repeating it over and over so listen this time:

GONZAGA MADE VERY UNCHARACTERISTIC MISTAKES IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES THAT COST THEM THE GAME. HATS OFF TO UCLA FOR STICKING IN THERE, THEY NEVER GAVE UP. IF GONZAGA HAD CONTINUTED TO PLAY LIKE THEY HAD THE ENTIRE GAME THEY SHOULD HAVE WON, THEY DIDN'T AND UCLA TOOK ADVANTAGE. THE SHOTS THAT MORRISON MISSED IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES HE HAS BEEN MAKING ALL YEAR LONG. GOZAGA SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME, BUT UCLA CAPITALIZED ON GONZAGA'S MISTAKES DOWN THE STRETCH.

No matter what you say I will not change my mind on any of those points. You can argue with and say that I'm just a sore loser, but I think that's what happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Gonzaga handed the game to UCLA on a silver platter, I am saying that the Bruins stuck in their through thick and thin, but the Zags still made too many mistakes in the last two minutes. And Speedracer, If UCLA ended up getting crushed and UCLA fans said that they threw the game away in the first half, I would have said, "Yah you're right, they did throw it away". Because I know that Gonzaga is not good enough to crush UCLA unless they throw away the game.

Anyway, I am over it now, GO BRUINS!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Unfortunate to see BC knocked out, although my former high school classmate Sean Williams is turning into quite a bad ass.

I suppose it's better than continuing to be a pothead
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Some bad calls in that BC-Nova game, but then again, with the way BC was shooting at the line, it wouldn't have mattered anyway...
Old 03-25-2006, 12:26 AM   #281
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

I suppose it's better than continuing to be a pothead
a lot of my old friends from high school I watched basketball with over spring break were making cracks about that as well. I didn't actually KNOW Sean in high school, so I don't know what he was like really. I just had one class with him his senior year.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

rashad anderson is clutch.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I don't normally like to bitch about officials too much, but in the last couple days we've seen a guy get fouled by a backboard and a guy get fouled by a leg cramp. Astounding.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:06 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:13 AM
....And then the guy with the leg cramp comes back on a minute later. That was a hell of an injury there.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:11 AM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

That's not all that objectionable. Back when I used to be more athletically active, I'd sometimes get leg cramps by stretching out while lying in bed. Usually I'd just bite my lip and massage my leg a bit and it'd go away in a couple minutes, but it would hurt like heck for those couple minutes.

I just think it was silly that Marcus Williams went down and the refs just assumed he'd been hit.