Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sick of everyone saying Florida is and was the best team in the tourney. The people I was talking to don't get rhe concept of individual matchups.

LSU is not a better team that Duke on paper, but match them up and LSU will win. Plus, potential teams that can beat others are beaten by brackbusters (a la George Mason)

Maybe I'm just a bitter Florida State fan who puts up with a lot of Florida shit, but am I right?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm so sick of everyone saying Florida is and was the best team in the tourney. The people I was talking to don't get rhe concept of individual matchups.

LSU is not a better team that Duke on paper, but match them up and LSU will win. Plus, potential teams that can beat others are beaten by brackbusters (a la George Mason)

Maybe I'm just a bitter Florida State fan who puts up with a lot of Florida shit, but am I right?

Sort of. Mismatches work both ways. Then the game is won by whichever team takes initiative and dictates the style of play.

While LSU had a huge advantage inside and on the boards, Duke could have pressed its own advantages and attacked LSU's weaknesses by playing zone and maybe fast-breaking more, but they didn't.

That being said, Florida looks like one of the most well-rounded teams in the tournament and thus not very susceptible to these sorts of mismatches.

speedracer said:
While LSU had a huge advantage inside and on the boards, Duke could have pressed its own advantages and attacked LSU's weaknesses by playing zone and maybe fast-breaking more, but they didn't.

bingo... if coach K would have gotten off his high horse and changed his defense, forcing LSU to shoot from the outside, which they can't do, creating more long rebounds (LSU's shoots soooo flat), thus creating more offensive breaks for Duke, thus tiring LSU's bigs out... i.e. the exact thing Florida did sturday night... duke might still be playing. but that's not how krzyzweski rolls. :shrug:

there is something to be said about matchups... then again uconn's big advantage was supposed to be their bigs, and their bigs got schooled by jai lewis and whateverhisfirstname is thomas and overall looked like dog shit the entire tourney... jj couldn't do shit against a long defender... big dofus and tyrus thomas looked like worldbeaters against the stiff that is lemarcus aldridge, but couldn't do shit offensively against the large body of sheldin williams, and were taken out of the game by florida's running game. :shrug: the best team doesn't always win...

the best team on that particular day wins, and that's all that matters. for my money ucla was the third best team i saw at the preseason NIT in November... i thought Duke and Memphis were both significantly better, and UCLA needed a miracle to survive against Drexel, who finished 7th in the CAA... yet here are the Bruins 40 minutes away from a national championship. :shrug: go figure.

I held out hope that UCLA might be able to come back, but eventually the repeated Bill Walton sightings were too much.

Also, I was mildly annoyed by Taurean Green (?) prancing about as he was dribbling out the clock. Yeah, you won, you deserve to celebrate, but at least give the other guy a handshake first.

Last edited:
trojanchick99 said:

I could :wink: Although, watching ucla lose at anything is fun for me. Yes, I'm petty.

As long as we're engaging in schadenfreude:

b22366882.jpg

Back
Top Bottom