Ahhh yes... It's March Madness Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
speedracer said:
And holding up West Virginia as some sort of ideal, when a big part of their game plan is jacking up tons of 3s because their lack of rebounding gives their opponents so many more shot opportunities...dunno about that.

look i'm not gonna get into a huge disertation here 'cause it's not worth the time or energy.

all i know is that someone who's dedicated their entire life to playing and now coaching basketball, i'm disgusted to see what it's become on the highest levels. it's ugly, disgusting, grding it out basketball. yes, i also see the irony that my favorite team, the knicks, helped push american basketball in this direction in the early 90s.

is west virginia's offense some sort of ideal? no... their offense is a gimmick. i know that. but they are all skilled players who can shoot. i'd much prefer to watch guys who can shoot the ball than guys like tyrus thomas or josh boone who are athletic freaks with little to no offensive ability. that's just me.

i will give ya this about duke's D... a little zone action, which coach K never does, would have gone a long way last night 'cause LSU couldn't hit an outside shot to save their life, and duke could have won by default in a game that was even uglier than the uglyness that it already was. but that's not kryzyzewski's style, so he stuck with the man to man.

DaveC said:
Final Four:
Villanova v. Tennessee
Texas v. Gonzaga

Final:
Villanova v. Gonzaga

Nat'l Champion:
Villanova

Bet on it. :wink:

DaveC said:

Me too. :crack:

My only Final Four teams left are Villanova (who I picked to win the whole tomato) and Texas.

So the smart money's on BC tonight then? :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i will give ya this about duke's D... a little zone action, which coach K never does, would have gone a long way last night 'cause LSU couldn't hit an outside shot to save their life, and duke could have won by default in a game that was even uglier than the uglyness that it already was. but that's not kryzyzewski's style, so he stuck with the man to man.

I had Syracuse beating LSU in the second round for exactly this reason, but it never happened.

K's coaching style is starting to remind me a little bit of Joe Torre -- they both have great track records, but they're completely set in their ways and reluctant to change or adapt.

Whoo boy. Villanova better pull this one out. Otherwise Headache is going to put a gun in his mouth.

Unfortunate to see BC knocked out, although my former high school classmate Sean Williams is turning into quite a bad ass.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I never understand when people say this. Is it supposed to make them feel better about the loss?

No. I am angry either way. I am sick of repeating it over and over so listen this time:

GONZAGA MADE VERY UNCHARACTERISTIC MISTAKES IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES THAT COST THEM THE GAME. HATS OFF TO UCLA FOR STICKING IN THERE, THEY NEVER GAVE UP. IF GONZAGA HAD CONTINUTED TO PLAY LIKE THEY HAD THE ENTIRE GAME THEY SHOULD HAVE WON, THEY DIDN'T AND UCLA TOOK ADVANTAGE. THE SHOTS THAT MORRISON MISSED IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES HE HAS BEEN MAKING ALL YEAR LONG. GOZAGA SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME, BUT UCLA CAPITALIZED ON GONZAGA'S MISTAKES DOWN THE STRETCH.

No matter what you say I will not change my mind on any of those points. You can argue with and say that I'm just a sore loser, but I think that's what happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Gonzaga handed the game to UCLA on a silver platter, I am saying that the Bruins stuck in their through thick and thin, but the Zags still made too many mistakes in the last two minutes. And Speedracer, If UCLA ended up getting crushed and UCLA fans said that they threw the game away in the first half, I would have said, "Yah you're right, they did throw it away". Because I know that Gonzaga is not good enough to crush UCLA unless they throw away the game.

:madspit: :madspit:

:wink:

Anyway, I am over it now, GO BRUINS!

randhail said:

I suppose it's better than continuing to be a pothead :wink:

:lol: a lot of my old friends from high school I watched basketball with over spring break were making cracks about that as well. I didn't actually KNOW Sean in high school, so I don't know what he was like really. I just had one class with him his senior year.

I don't normally like to bitch about officials too much, but in the last couple days we've seen a guy get fouled by a backboard and a guy get fouled by a leg cramp. Astounding.

....And then the guy with the leg cramp comes back on a minute later. That was a hell of an injury there.

That's not all that objectionable. Back when I used to be more athletically active, I'd sometimes get leg cramps by stretching out while lying in bed. Usually I'd just bite my lip and massage my leg a bit and it'd go away in a couple minutes, but it would hurt like heck for those couple minutes.

I just think it was silly that Marcus Williams went down and the refs just assumed he'd been hit.

phanan said:
Some bad calls in that BC-Nova game, but then again, with the way BC was shooting at the line, it wouldn't have mattered anyway...
The travelling call when the 2 kids were both fighting for the ball was ponderous.

speedracer said:
I don't normally like to bitch about officials too much, but in the last couple days we've seen a guy get fouled by a backboard and a guy get fouled by a leg cramp. Astounding.

Wash. v. UConn - incidental "tripping" foul ...these guys wear size 16 shoes for Pete's sake...don't make that call in the last 30 seconds costing one Wash. guy his 5th !!! and then an obvious goaltending seconds later that was also over looked taking another 2 pts. from U of W....these officials, just as bad as the Major League umps. :mad:

Currently I am debating whether I should watch the rest of this UCLA-Memphis game or poke my eye out with a needle.

I really dont understand how a team can miss so many free throws in a game and win. That just shows how poorly Memphis played. If I was the coach for UCLA I would probably have a stroke watching my players shoot free throws like that.

Well, I work for UCLA, so somewhere in fine print on page 123 of my contract it's written that I have to root for them.

But I swear Memphis was starting to give Ryan Hollins the Shaq treatment, just as UW did to Josh Boone and Hilton Armstrong.

Also, Rashad Anderson is so clutch it hurts. I'd seriously consider starting him and benching Rudy Gay for a game, just so Gay could have a chance to extricate his head from his nether regions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom