ahhh history

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
maybe you saw this in the one-forum, maybe not...but...i like history. and this time, i made my own thread to show it!

so i'm at 1924 posts...

in the year 1924:

The Dawes Plan goes into effect. The plan develops a schedule for Germany's World War I reparations and also outlines Allied loans for Germany.

1925:

While in prison, Adolf Hitler has dictated portions of Mein Kampf, which becomes pivotal to Nazi philosophy, to his assistant, Rudolf Hess. The first part of the book is published this year.

1926:

Emperor Showa Tenno Hirohito comes to power in Japan after the death of his father; in ensuing years Japan's military branches will grow in size and influence.

1927:

Cheers greet the Spirit of St. Louis when Charles Lindbergh lands this plane in Paris. It is the first nonstop solo transatlantic flight in the history of aviation. Lindbergh flew 3,600 miles in over 33 hours, forsaking a radio for additional gasoline.

1928:

62 nations, including the United States, Japan, Italy, and Great Britain, renounce war by officially subscribing to the Kellogg-Briand Pact. World War II begins eleven years later.

1931 now...

The world-famous Scottsboro affair begins when nine black men are arrested on false charges at a train stop in Paint Rock, Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom