Ahhh buttertitts... here comes a nor'easter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well after the rip roaring success that was headache's super terrific birthday spectacular (still up for view in the notorious journal), and with the crappy crappy buttertitterifc snow out there... i present headache's not so super not so terrific drive home in the snow spectacular

and so the trip begins... i left work at about quarter to 3... normally would take me half an hour or so to get home. not today... traffic is moving at about 5 miles per hour... hoo-friggin-ray
snow1.jpg

sportin' the zootv era bullet the blue sky hands-free set... got my u2 mega mix cd on... still in a pretty good mood...
snow2.jpg

aaaaand we've moved about a quarter of a mile in the last half hour
snow3.jpg

finally get to the northern state parkway... only took an hour... usually takes 5 minutes.
snow4.jpg

if ya can't make it out, that would be a ny state trooper suburban parked on the side of the road... and that would be some poor schmo's car up in the woods... bit slippery out
snow5.jpg

gettin' dark out... still barely movin'... begining to regret that cup of coffee i drank durring the first hour on the road...
snow7.jpg

we were going so damn slow that i managed to get out of my car... run into the woods, take a pee, and get back into my car... and no one's moved a bit. those would be my foot prints... thankfully you can't see the yellow snow :shifty: hey... when ya gotta go, ya gotta go...
snow8.jpg

gettin' darker and windier... thankfully almost home...
snow9.jpg

finally home... not quite as happy as earlier in the day...
snow10.jpg

final count... 2 1/2 hours to get 20 miles... one cup of coffee... one pee stop in the woods... 30 u2 songs played

Where is your coat young man??

brrrr....

Oh wait...nevermind.

Last edited:
:laugh: Love the picture sequence!!

My ride home was almost as entertaining...one road was a solid sheet of ice and some jerk was riding my ass...GO AHEAD, HIT ME FUCKER! And the two bridges I cross weren't plowed or sanded or anything for rush hour traffic. :tsk: Took me an hour and a half to drive 30 miles...usually it takes 30-40 depending on traffic and my lead foot... :shifty:

i took my coat off in the car... figured it was gonna be a long ride...

the local governments obviously were expecting 1-3 inches at the most today, with the big snow not comming till tommorow, which is what the stupid motherf:censored:ing weathermen said... we had 3 inches by just after lunch time. turned out to be closer to 8-10 inches, and the plows just weren't prepared... so it turned what should have been just an inconvenience into a traffic nightmare. and they're saying we could have another foot tommorow.

they even cancelled the damned SATs for tommorow... if i was a senior in high school again, i'd be the happiest person on the face of the planet.

I just saw on the news that Long Island, NYC and surrounding areas should have 12 to 20 inches of snow by Sunday morning!:madspit:
And the weatherman and anchors at FOX5 were throwing snowballs at each other in the studio.
I was supposed to work at a library for 3 hours tomorrow. No way.

I heard the northeast was to get back to back "Noreasters"

For the record I am happy to be in a State where the words "Wind chill factor" never enter the local forecast and the bearclaw is unheard of.......lmao..give me "dry heat" and a 70 degree winter any day.::prays that this weather holds for a few more months::

my weatherbug's sayin' anywhere from 13-20 additional inches of snow today... on top of the 8 we got yesterday... but they seem to change their mind every hour on exactly how much we're gonna get, so who the hell knows. the scariest thing of all is that this is the first time it's snowed this season...

thankfully i'm well stocked on the guinness

Last edited:
yeah.....I gotta go get some that black magic for tonight.:dance: :D

Snow sucks.

Not only did I have my uncle's funeral in about a foot and a half of snow yesterday morning, but I had to work this morning at 7. And being a nurse - I had to come in . I shoveled until 9:30 last night, and when I woke up this morning, there was snow up to my waist at the end of my driveway. :scream: My fiance's father had to come over and plow me out at 5:30 am. Then when I got driven in, I had to get out on Storrow Drive and walk most of the way because the traffic was bad - people were stuck everywhere. It's way too early in the season for this shit. The snow hasnt even stopped yet!!!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

final count... 2 1/2 hours to get 20 miles... one cup of coffee... one pee stop in the woods... 30 u2 songs played

:laugh:

glad you and everyone else made it home safely.

Back
Top Bottom