Agree or Disagree.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muggsy said:
I'm sorry... but.. what does that word mean??? I've never heared it before :reject:

It's quite an offensive word for vagina.

I agree with Indra about it being a shit t-shirt, that I wouldn't want to be caught dead in it, but that giving out a fine is ridiculous. I also agree with Aardvark that the old CoF ruled quite a bit, especially Dusk & Her Embrace.

Jesus...no

This one is a bit more tame...maybe it'll be Bono's shirt on the next tour.

got_jesus_shirt2.jpg

I think he should be able to wear a T-shirt calling anyone he wants a cunt, provided he's willing to deal with the consequences. Like getting kicked out of private establishments or having other citizens exercise their own free speech against him. But the government should stay the fuck out of it. The concept of free speech is meaningless if it only applies to inoffensive speech.

think the shirt is in poor taste, and if you want to wear it, perhaps only to the show or around the house. In their heydey, that was one of the more popular COF designs out there. Just I would never sell it - told people to look elsewhere for it. The band authorizes what designs they want available for sale thru the licensee, and the demand (or lack of) usually dictates it staying in print/being available. COF CDs/merch. just don't sell like they used to...

I stood outside and hung with friends when Soilwork played - they didn't want to go in. Caught In Flames though - they were okay. Much prefer Lacuna Coil... but that's going in a different direction...

Lila64 said:
I stood outside and hung with friends when Soilwork played - they didn't want to go in. Caught In Flames though - they were okay. Much prefer Lacuna Coil... but that's going in a different direction...

We didnt have In Flames playing the same gig over here!:grumpy:

I think it's ok.

People may take offence to it, but some people may easily take offence to people wearing crosses around there neck or headscarves or those jew hats (yashmaks?). I've met people who have.

What if someone went around with a tshirt saying:

BONO IS A C***

I would completely disagree with what the tshirt was saying, but I wouldn't take offence, and I doubt any action would be taken in forcing the individual to remove the tshirt. I mean Bono means a million times more to me than Jesus, but I wouldn't expect the tshirt to be removed.

At least it's not saying something like:

Paedophilia is Good

or

Genocide is Good

or something along those lines.

Why would anyone want to wear a tshirt lke that anyway? It doesn't really say anything meaningful anyway.

It literally is:

"A DEAD MAN IS A FEMALE GENITAL ORGAN"

It might as well be saying:

"JOHN SMITH IS A VAGINA"

It's just a ridiculous idea for a tshirt.

Back
Top Bottom