Agghh! Ontario, this sucks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
First, OLP tours a large part of the US and other parts of Canada....their only Ontario gig - Sarnia (Bayfest??) on July 17th (a Thursday afternoon??)

Now COldplay tours little clubs in the US only.

Why the hell are we getting so fucking shafted??

*fuming*

well...

hey, at least you got

McCartney
No Doubt
Garbage
INXS
Simple Minds
Lenny Kravitz
Rush
Moby
David Bowie
The Tragically Hip

and you're gonna get

Beck
Springsteen
The Who

here in Montreal, we got none of that...I sure as hell hope we get ditched like you guys in Toronto

It sucks for me too

I rely on bands coming to TO so I can see them!

MacPhisto066 - But these 2 bands (Coldplay and OLP) aren't even in Montreal so I could see them. At least if Lenny Kravitz or someone comes to Toronto, it's not so far to drive from there to here (so the sarcastic undertones can go, okay?)

Kobe - Garbage is being picked up as we speak. The Pope has not yet arrived. He picked a wonderful time to come. I hear the maggots and rats are good and fresh ;)

Senrab - really??!!! Yes!

And for the record, mods I'm sorry I posted this is ETYKIW. I meant to post it here. Guess I made a teeny mistake.

Last edited:
yo, sweetest thing...

sarcasm ? at least call it black humour. ;-)

I'm not sure you got my point. did you even bother to take a look at the list of acts that failed to appear in Montreal (or even in Vancouver to please our friends on the west coast) but still played in T.O. ? you miss 2 of them and talk like it's the biggest screwjob in modern-day history(I believe fuckin' shafted were your words). my distinguished collegue Naya (how's it goin') seems to approve me at least on the McCartney deal.

so , on any normal day, your reply on my allegedly sarcastic remarks would receive from my part a big fat BITE ME, but not today. I understand the deception of a fellow Interferencer about being unable to see the bands you like and I sincerely hope you do get a fair oppurtunity to see them. OLP is indeed coming back in the fall, you need not to worry. I just find it to be a bit upsetting, considering the tons of acts you get to see, that you rant about the little 2 ones you won't .

peace:eyebrow:

MacPhisto066 said:
yo, sweetest thing...

sarcasm ? at least call it black humour. ;-)

I'm not sure you got my point. did you even bother to take a look at the list of acts that failed to appear in Montreal (or even in Vancouver to please our friends on the west coast) but still played in T.O. ? you miss 2 of them and talk like it's the biggest screwjob in modern-day history(I believe fuckin' shafted were your words). my distinguished collegue Naya (how's it goin') seems to approve me at least on the McCartney deal.

so , on any normal day, your reply on my allegedly sarcastic remarks would receive from my part a big fat BITE ME, but not today. I understand the deception of a fellow Interferencer about being unable to see the bands you like and I sincerely hope you do get a fair oppurtunity to see them. OLP is indeed coming back in the fall, you need not to worry. I just find it to be a bit upsetting, considering the tons of acts you get to see, that you rant about the little 2 ones you won't .

peace:eyebrow:

*sigh*

Maybe I didn't have the right to rant about the acts I was missing. Maybe i forgot that some other peoplke won't get to see the acts they really enjoy (like al of Australia missing out on U2).

However, I do feel that yes, I have a right to rant about OLP and Coldplay--2 bands I enjoy (actually, besides U2, they're--currently-- my favouite). In the same way, you have every right to rant about missing McCartney et al.
Maybe my rant was a bit childish, maybe I sounded a bit too much like a spoiiled child. But in the heat of the moment, I was quite upset. Of course I feel bad for everyone who's missing out on their favouite bands. I didn't mean to sound like this was "The biggest screw-job in modern day history" but I do feel like I had the right to complain somewhat. If I can't complain online to fellow music lovers, where else can I do so?

Anyway, I hope you DO get to see Paul come to town. Maybe these bands need to ALL think about expanding their Canadian tourbase slightly :)

Peace!

*offers peace handshake*

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

*sigh*

Maybe I didn't have the right to rant about the acts I was missing. Maybe i forgot that some other peoplke won't get to see the acts they really enjoy (like al of Australia missing out on U2).

However, I do feel that yes, I have a right to rant about OLP and Coldplay--2 bands I enjoy (actually, besides U2, they're--currently-- my favouite). In the same way, you have every right to rant about missing McCartney et al.
Maybe my rant was a bit childish, maybe I sounded a bit too much like a spoiiled child. But in the heat of the moment, I was quite upset. Of course I feel bad for everyone who's missing out on their favouite bands. I didn't mean to sound like this was "The biggest screw-job in modern day history" but I do feel like I had the right to complain somewhat. If I can't complain online to fellow music lovers, where else can I do so?

Anyway, I hope you DO get to see Paul come to town. Maybe these bands need to ALL think about expanding their Canadian tourbase slightly :)

Peace!

*offers peace handshake*

Speaking of Peace (bwahaha), OLP just launched a new site for fans...it is run by someone who works for the band and not their record company. Therefore, it is updated a lot...http://www.ourladypeace.net

Back
Top Bottom