AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say, he's my least favourite component of The Footy Show, a program I don't exactly have a favourable opinion of. He's really no more than an older, Australian variant of Jeremy Clarkson.

I don't watch it anymore. JB's become a caricature, Gaz is a host not a pundit, Sam's a fuckwit, Billy's boring, there's no good analysis, Damo is a flog, Crawf tries hard, but yeah. It's time.

Crawf does kids shows on 9. I was surprised (or maybe not so much) to discover.

The Port Power of old (2014) revived. Impressive performance.

Doing a double header today, the Abbotsford derby and the Battle of the Bays.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Hey look at that, Essendon have been competitive for over a full half of football! That's not a sight we've seen often these last few months. Can we get a sympathy premiership point please?

Well hey, that may be the first time this year we've played four full quarters. Even the early season victories tended to have final-quarter fade-outs.

We still didn't win - that last minute was nailbiting - but the team looked up for it for the first time in a month or more.

Anyone watching this Saints/Cats game? I saw the start before going out and the Yank on debut seemed really keen and involved. How well has he seen out the rest of the game? And wow if the Saints can win this it will probably be the end of Geelong's season... I can't believe that.

Holmes had 35 or so hitouts. That's pretty good. One point makes a difference. Saints win and Geelong are dependent on North messing it up. Geelong win and R23 is on track to be a decider. But we got a draw, which is right in the middle, and means if Collingwood decide to turn up next week there's a chance we'll get the top 8 finalised then. Although even then, North could possibly lose all 3 of their remaining matches.

With the Cats' percentage being as low as it is and no weaklings left to improve against, I gotta say it's gonna be a tough road for them. They've got to hope the Roos lose at least two of their last three and quite badly at that, while the Cats have to win out in dominating fashion if the Roos manage to win even one more match.

Personally, I won't be tipping the Roos again this season because the Doggies and Tigers are still fighting hard for a top 4 spot and have been consistently better all season long. But then I don't know if they can beat the Crows in what could very well be a finals-clinching match. If the Crows drop their last two, the Roos even manage one win and Geelong wins out, they're out.

Last edited:
North are probably most likely to beat Freo out of the three they have left. Pav isn't playing. And the Dogs are close to unbeatable at the moment at Etihad and Richmond have been very solid the past fortnight.

We don't match up well against North Melbourne. I can see us losing to them in the last round.

It's a compelling finish to the season. This is fantastic. Two absolute belters today.

Geelong vs Adelaide will be huge, as will West Coast vs Adelaide if the 'Scray get up today.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Once again, on the SFS, Lloyd asks a Geelong player if they'll try and grab Dangerfield's guernsey after R23, prefacing it with 'round 23, in Danger's last ever game for Adelaide ...' Completely disregarding that we're still a chance for finals, he's already stating that the deal is a lock, completely disrespecting to the club. Fucking wanker.

I'm sorry Cobbler, but I'd so much rather Dangerfield move to Hawthorn or Collingwood than Geelong.

I don't wish being a Collingwood player on anyone.

Love how Carlton/Melbourne is the FTA match. Nice choice, nerds.

I'm still getting over all the prime TV real estate allocated to Carlton this year. Who on earth last year saw their performance, sat back, and thought "yep, let's give them as much airtime as possible in 2015"?

But christ, even with the benefit of hindsight, who on earth thought Carlton/Melbourne would make a better TV offering than North/Freo? I can at least understand not expecting West Coast/Doggies to be a big game...

Would be nice if we had a result actually go our way. Collingwood over Richmond? Nope. St. Kilda beating Geelong? Nope. Now Freo are flopping against bloody North.

Melbourne's side is so noticeably stronger than it was 2 years back but they're still dishing up performances like this.

I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed this most recent round of football.

Can't remember the last time the Eagles were such a joy to watch, that I've had such confidence in watching my side. 2006 I guess? They were good in 2011 but it was kind of a lol why is this even happening thing. Last year I had my heart in my throat every second, now it's just bliss. Great to see NicNat come back so strongly after a shitty few weeks.

Some upsets, some satisfying thrashings and a sexy draw - lots to like about this round, the only negative for me was the Vic media insisting on the Bulldogs being "brave" despite the fact we utterly smashed them, and the Hawks being "flat" despite the fact that Port comprehensively outplayed them every second of the game. Not to mention defending Hodge being a fuckwit.

Brendan Bolton officially the new coach of Carlton. Poor bloke. This will tarnish his reputation which was earned last year. He will become angry and bitter.

Good, this means Clarko's still free to cross town to the Bombers. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom