AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, Essendon. See, this is partly why I've never fully bought into the idea that Essendon will go winless all year. I'm going to assume Essendon turned it into a bit of a scrap.

...How is this the first 2-0 start for North in 11 years? They've been too competitive for a tag like that.

It's dangerous to eulogise a team this early in the season, but if Freo don't get it together soon then somebody will need to stick a fork in them.

Before last week they hadn't won a round 1 match in 6-7 years ...

Yeah looks like they hadn't won since 2009 and it took a match with an absolutely awful Melbourne club to make it happen. That was the year the Dees got questioned for tanking. :lol:

Last edited:
Looks like GWS are putting on a good early showing against Geelong.

The Cats have gone completely missing. This makes GWS's loss last week all the more inexplicable.

Watching the SANFL 'Showdown' and the main commentator uses the same phrase constantly, makes Dwayne look like a brilliant wordsmith.

Good defensive pressure so far. We almost look like a real club!

This is going to be ugly, but it's nice to see us playing hard. The real test is if we can play four quarters of competent footy.

Last edited:
Horrendous 10 minutes of footy. We actually had the chance to get within a goal but couldn't kick it through the sticks. Then the defense gave out. Unsurprisingly, a lot of work is still to be done.

I don't know why they're being assholes and shoving Swans players at every opportunity. Guys, focus on not being shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom