AFI's new record heavily u2-influenced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's strange to hear someone else say that, I've listened to the album countless times now and I've yet to hear anything from it that even remotely reminds me of U2 in any way, shape, or form. I don't get it, but I never get the whole "everyone sounds like U2!" reaction at Interference. To each their own.

I don't really get it either, mofo. I think we talked about how Spin magazine compares one of the DU songs to a U2 song. It's not bad, I just don't hear it...

I know how you and I both like to know similar artists when checking out something new. I would guess reviewers are stretched to compare AFI to anyone else, so maybe they reach for U2, who on any given album can sound like just about anything or anyone else.

Personally, I heard a lot more Good Charlotte than U2 on Decemberunderground. But that's just me. :wink:

So I say, damn the influences and comparisons! People should just go out and buy this record and see for themselves. :up:

I heard a lot of a-ha and Depeche on it as well.
but yeah, that's what this band is infamous for, an undefinable sound that doesn't really compare to anyone else... so we're left with reaching for things like u2 when Jade starts with the high-Edge-sounding bridge in The MIssing Frame.. and when i say it's u2-influenced all i mean is, it made me think of Edge.

According to my local record store, AFI are going to be on Saturday Night Live this Saturday, January 20th. Can't wait to see this. :up:

Back
Top Bottom