AFI's new album, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Ok, so I couldnt help myself and downloaded it. All I can say is wow, wait to be blown away. For those who dont know, AFI are a hardcore punk/goth band from the Bay area. They have a big fan base, and this new album, Sing the Sorrow, is their first major label release. Butch Vig (Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage) and Jerry Finn (Green Day, Rancid, Sparta) co-produced the album. It's had a lot of pre-release hype, and all I can say is that it was well worth it! I've been a fan for the last year or so, and this album blows all of their others out of the water completely. It's some majorly intense stuff. The album comes out March 11, prepare to have your kiesters kicked in when you finally hear this thing.

I love how a Celine Dion thread has gotten more hits and posts in it than this one. That's really sad. Seems like most U2 fans wait until the press craps their pants over an album, and then act like they're huge fans of the band instead of looking for good music themselves.

not too many people seemed to like my pogues appreciation thread, either

:(

I kind of liked AFI. I had a song from Art of Drowning, i think it was Morning Star or something.

I just read a good article about them in a local magazine i picked up for free from an indy music store i stopped by.

Ok, I listened to this album today at the gym and I have to say yet again: PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR KIESTERS KICKED IN A MAJOR WAY BY THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!! With the right backing by their label, this could end up being huge.

I'll have to take a look if you guys say its good. I thought I'd add a reply, I hate when people don't take interest in good music or good threads.

Thanks cujo, the only reason I ever did this thread was so hopefully a few more people could get interested in or check out this band. I think they're really worthwhile. Just tell me if you want any recommendations on what to download or look into.

Last edited:
hmmmm...wonder if there's a copy at the radio station yet...if there is, maybe i'll get to play somehting on my show tomorow night

i've got a friend who does a punk show, i'll call him up and ask him if he got the album...for some annoying reason, all the punk stuff get to him first...

Good luck, hope you get it. It's definately their best album in my opinion!! Better by leaps and bounds, and I loved their previous stuff, so yeah, this album's a big deal for me.

i know it will show up at the station sometime, i don't have any doubts about that. i was just hoping i'll get to play it tomorrow night.

Did you ever find out if they have it or not???

Here's the tracklist, I've never posted it.

AFI - Sing the Sorrow
01. Miseria Cantare (The Beginning)
02. The Leaving Song Pt. 2
03. Bleed Black
04. Silver and Cold
05. Dancing Through Sunday
06. Girl's Not Grey
07. Death of Seasons
08. The Great Disappointment
09. Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)
10. This Celluloid Dream
11. The Leaving Song
12. ...But Home Is Nowhere

i still haven't found out if they've got it yet...i'll get down to the studio at about quarter to 10 or so to start looking for stuff...that should give me enough time to find all the stuff i want to play...

i was watching the video for "total immortal" (today kazaa seems to like me) and someone was wearing a johnny the homicidal maniac shirt. cool comic.

Yeah, that's an interesting video. I like it. I like the Jack-o-lanterns in the background. I also like how much Davey Havoc wanted to look like he was in The Misfits back then. I wish he still had that look, he looks like a bizarre woman now.

i asked whether the cd had come in, and he didn't know...

but he said that there is some other afi stuff in the stacks...i have a feeling that the citizens of this town who happen to turn on the radio will hear plenty of afi tonight...

i'd definetly say i like them more now than i did a few weeks ago...

afi--death of seasons

or i was listening to it until it fucking DIED...

AFI is coming to SLC in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm there.

awesome, i hope they make it out to the complete oposite side of the country sometime...

on my show i played three afi songs: "the day of the phoenix"
"the lost souls" and one about wanting a mowhawk...

and then i didn't realise that the dj on before me had turned off the mic competly (cos what kind of idiot does that?) and when i went on air to tell anyone listening what songs they just heard, there was some lovely dead air...dead fucking air :mad:

Well, atleast you played cool songs. That makes up for there being no talky talky inbetween them.

i think my mom was the only person listening anyway...

her and some guy called derek something or other who dropped off his band's album on thursday and wanted me to play it...i couldn't find it

AFI -Sing the Sorrow reviewed by Rollingstone. 4 Stars! You can read it on www.rollingstone.com. It's their featured review in the next issue of Rollingstone.

I told you all, but you wouldnt believe me...why wouldnt you believe me?

Elvis Presley said:
They have been playing Girls not grey alot on my local station, pretty good......

Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm kinda disappointed they released it as a single though. I guess it's the most poppy of the whole album though, so that's understandable. I have a lot of songs off of the album I like more though.

My friend Matthew got the album online earlier this month, and I have it on my computer now too :tongue: I dunno how I feel about them going mainstream....I mean getting airplay. I'm kinda :slant: about it.

Back
Top Bottom