AFI's new album, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MonaVox said:
My friend Matthew got the album online earlier this month, and I have it on my computer now too :tongue: I dunno how I feel about them going mainstream....I mean getting airplay. I'm kinda :slant: about it.

Where the crap have you been? This is the first post I've seen from you in quite some time!

I know what you mean though, I got kind of a weird taste in my mouth from Jimmy Eat World hitting it big. I'd liked them for a while before they really broke out last year. That was odd. We'll see what happens with AFI, I hope I dont feel the same way.

AFI - Sing the Sorrow is being streamed on www.mtv.com . Go listen for free while it's still up!!

Go check it out, it's not really the type of music your typical U2 fan will like, so I wont be that offended if you dont like it. I think some of you may be suprised and get into it though. One of my favorite bands, that's for sure.

Songs I recommend:
*This Celluloid Dream
*The Leaving Song
*Silver and Cold
*Girls Not Grey
Dancing Through Sunday
Bleed Black
Miseria Cantare
(the others are great too, but these are some of my favs, you really cant miss with any of them)

*= songs I think U2 fans might like

PS - the album has gotten the equivalent of 4 stars from Rollingstone, Q Magazine, Kerrang, and a B+ from Spin. Great reviews all across the board so far!

Last edited:
Elvis Presley said:
i would like it if you burnt me a copy and sent it to me, then I might be a fan.................

:wink:

Like I said, you can go listen to it on www.mtv.com for free!

You just want me to send you a copy so you can get my return address and send me love letters.

u2popmofo said:

Like I said, you can go listen to it on www.mtv.com for free!

You just want me to send you a copy so you can get my return address and send me love letters.

I dont have a sound card here at work, and shitty dialup at home .......

and if by love letters you mean packages of egg salad then yes you are correct......

:|

Elvis Presley said:

and if by love letters you mean packages of egg salad then yes you are correct......

:|

That's the best kind of love. Delicious love.

That sucks you cant listen to it, cause I know you'd be cool enough to actually check it out.

u2popmofo said:
AFI - Sing the Sorrow is being streamed on www.mtv.com . Go listen for free while it's still up!!

Go check it out, it's not really the type of music your typical U2 fan will like, so I wont be that offended if you dont like it.

Soooooooooo. How come you were offended when I said I didn't like them?!:|

HeadsOnSticks said:
u2popmofo said:

Go check it out, it's not really the type of music your typical U2 fan will like, so I wont be that offended if you dont like it.

Soooooooooo. How come you were offended when I said I didn't like them?!:|

Because you didnt say you didnt like them. You said they sucked and then equated them to freaking Offspring.

It's how you go about things....

HeadsOnSticks said:
But, I'm sorry. All is forgiven? :sad:

Of course it is. Plus, you seem to like a lot of groups that I also like!! I'm down with that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Everbody, dont listen to the songs on www.mtv.com for a day or so, they're labeled all wrong. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, I imagine AFI fans will complain in a major way. They've put a bunch of the songs on there twice and left out the actual songs.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

Of course it is. Plus, you seem to like a lot of groups that I also like!! I'm down with that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Everbody, dont listen to the songs on www.mtv.com for a day or so, they're labeled all wrong. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, I imagine AFI fans will complain in a major way. They've put a bunch of the songs on there twice and left out the actual songs.

Cool. I made a plea for your forgivness in my journal. I know, I know, it's hokey. But I said the same thing about us liking a lot of the same bands.

Last edited:
HeadsOnSticks said:

Cool. I made a plea for your forgivness in my journal. I know, I know, it's hokey. But I said the same thing about us liking a lot of the same bands.

I just read it, thanks. Dont worry, all is forgiven. So what are your favorite bands?

Mine are (at the moment at least):

U2
Radiohead
The Cure
The Smiths
Idlewild
AFI
Weezer
The Clash
Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine
The Beatles
REM

And lots others, these are just the ones I can feel confident saying they're my "favorites"

Pretty much what you listed, as well as:

Elvis Costello
Wilco
Depeche Mode
The Roots
Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Crowded House/Neil Finn solo
Coldplay
Ben Harper
Super Drag
Better Than Ezra
Ramones
Chemical Brothers
Squeeze
Counting Crows
Foo Fighters
Incubus etc...
But my FAVE is Radiohead.

:drool:

I listened to a few of my AFI albums today, and some of the b-sides while reading the lyrics to the songs. I was just really impressed by the lyrics. Pretty cool stuff for a punk band, not your run of the mill stuff.

It's always funny how sometimes you have no clue what is really being said until you read the lyrics.

oh yeah and U2popmofo send me your address and I will send you the 3 bouncing souls cds i have that you do not. If you still do not have them. I'll toss in the Transplants if you like as well

please use this email address: ndracism@aol.com

DiGi said:
so should I pick this album up or what?

Most definitly. You can get it for pretty cheap too, I got mine for $5.99 brand new.

Digi, dont worry about the Bouncing Souls albums, I'm scared that if I get them sent to me I 'll end up not buying them. I want to buy them all and give the Bouncing Souls my support, so I think I'd better just hold off and buy em when I have the cash. Thanks for offering though, that's really cool. I was listening to some Bouncing Souls last night. :up:

i've listened to girls not grey and the great disappointment and i am pretty impressed. sounding pretty good.

u2popmofo said:

Most definitly. You can get it for pretty cheap too, I got mine for $5.99 brand new.

Digi, dont worry about the Bouncing Souls albums, I'm scared that if I get them sent to me I 'll end up not buying them. I want to buy them all and give the Bouncing Souls my support, so I think I'd better just hold off and buy em when I have the cash. Thanks for offering though, that's really cool. I was listening to some Bouncing Souls last night. :up:

Good deal.

SkeeK said:
i've listened to girls not grey and the great disappointment and i am pretty impressed. sounding pretty good.

Thanks for checking them out SkeeK! Good band, and Sing The Sorrow is definitly their best album.

Here's the Billboard.com info on Sing the Sorrow sales.

Heavily hyped modern rock act AFI storms onto The Billboard 200 with its first major label release, "Sing the Sorrow." The DreamWorks album sold 96,000 copies to land at No. 5, far and away the group's best performance on the chart. AFI's 2000 Nitro set "The Art of Drowning" debuted way down at No. 174, and has sold 158,000 copies to date.

#5 in the country...... I told you all but you wouldnt believe me.

In honor of the album being #5 ,

AFI posted a live song on the secret Album website you can access wtih Sing the Sorrow.

:up:

*hoping the live song will still be on the secret site on sunday*

Back
Top Bottom