Aerosmith...forever my main guilty pleasure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
:drool: Their music is addicting as crack.

I've been a fan of Aerosmith for over three years, have every album (including live material, and a bootleg) and I love pretty much all of it. Yes, even the much-hated 90's Aerosmith. In the 70's, they kicked ass, and after they sobered up they wrote great, catchy pop. I learned what guitar rock was all about by listening to Toys In The Attic. I still really want to see them live at some point.

Anyone else a fan? :uhoh:

They managed to make the same song 3 times on Get a Grip.

Cryin', Crazy, and Amazing = Cryzamazing.

I like some of their stuff, but some of it is way too lame for me.

LemonMacPhisto said:
They managed to make the same song 3 times on Get a Grip.

Cryin', Crazy, and Amazing = Cryzamazing.

I like some of their stuff, but some of it is way too lame for me.

:up: Indeed. The only one of those I can stand anymore is Crazy. Cryin' has gotten old fast, and Amazing is crap except for the solo at the end, one of Perry's best (considering the solo is about two minutes long in a six minute song, that's still a lot of crap). Actually, Get A Grip as a whole is one of the band's worst albums by a mile.

xaviMF22 said:
sweet emotion :drool:

stupid song, but I can resist that riff :drool: :drool:

:yes:

Personally, for all my Aerosmith love, the only two records I think anyone really needs by them is Rocks (1976) and Pump (1989), or circumvent either with a greatest hits. :shrug: The other albums are great, but they suffer from AC/DC + Oasis-ish sameyness.

MGMRockGuitar.jpg

While I don't have any Aerosmith albums (I do have a few select songs in my library), there is nothing finer than sitting in the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster at Disney world and listening to their hits as you go crazy on the coaster.
:up: for selling out, Aerosmith. It makes the roller coaster that much more fun.

RockNrollerCoaster.jpg

I think Aerosmith, Toys in the Attic, Rocks, Pump, Nine Lives, and Honkin' On Bobo are all worth listening to (and for different reasons). Forget that Honkin' On Bobo is basically a cover album, it's great to listen to. Aerosmith's covers of Walk the Dog and the Train Kept 'a Rollin' are also excellent.

I still like parts of Pump, Permanent Vacation, Get A Grip and Nine Lives. Livin' On The Edge just might be my favorite Aerosmith song and video. :drool:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I think Aerosmith, Toys in the Attic, Rocks, Pump, Nine Lives, and Honkin' On Bobo are all worth listening to (and for different reasons). Forget that Honkin' On Bobo is basically a cover album, it's great to listen to. Aerosmith's covers of Walk the Dog and the Train Kept 'a Rollin' are also excellent.

Honkin' On Bobo is fantastic :rockon: I always am a bit disappointed by cover albums once the novelty wears off, but that's still a great one.

Rocks and Toys in the Attic are fantastic. Honestly if you listen to 90s Aerosmith and bash them you're really limiting yourself, hard-rockingly speaking. Their early stuff is right up there with Led Zep.

Canadiens1160 said:
Rocks and Toys in the Attic are fantastic. Honestly if you listen to 90s Aerosmith and bash them you're really limiting yourself, hard-rockingly speaking. Their early stuff is right up there with Led Zep.

I don't know, I've always found them way too derivative to be classified as essential.

Steven Tyler is always interesting to listen to, however. Nobody speaks more eloquently about karma, extreme substance abuse, and channelling musical spirits than he does :up:

I like some of their classics but the rest is indeed lame as hell. Steven Tyler is one of the most annoying singers ever. I love Honkin' On A Bobo too though and that Sedona Sunrise song is pretty good but Devil's Got a New Disguise sucks. If the new record sounds more like Sedona Sunrise I might enjoy it.

I saw them live in 1998 and they were fantastic. I used to be a big fan before I saw my first U2 show (Popmart Montreal) and after that it was never the same.

I read their auto-biography Walk This Way and it was quite a good read. As we all know they've been through a lot. The funniest part of that book for me was reading about their Three Stooges obsession in the 1970s. Sometimes, before or after a rehearsal or concert, they'd congregate in front of a television and watch the Stooges over and over.

I've got "Toys in the Attic" and I think it's great, :up: "Walk This Way" has got to be one of the most joyous rock riffs ever; just hearing it raises my mood straight away.

Not too keen on their later stuff and that Armageddon song in particular was simply atrocious (just like the movie), :mad:

Back
Top Bottom