Aerosmith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
aerosmith any one?
aerosmith800.jpg

Last edited:
One of the worst "rock" bands with an awful singer. Almost on the Bon Jovi level. Actually, that pic says everything.

I think they've made some great songs. Yeah, they're a bit cheesy at times and not everything they do is as interesting, but they certainly know how to rock. And they know what to do with the blues.
Get A Grip is a great Aerosmith record. :up:

Now they have really sold out--have you noticed the Buick commercials. They came to my town for a concert with Kiss and the crowd was so unlively--Steven Tyler turned to one of the other guys in the band at the end of their set and said let's get the hell out of here. They did not come back for an encore. I kind of felt sorry for them.

During the entire tour with Kiss they didn't do any official encores due to time constraints, just played the entire show without leaving the stage for a few minutes. I saw them in their homwetown and thats the way it went that night too, except the crowd was extremely lively.

Popmartijn said:
I think they've made some great songs. Yeah, they're a bit cheesy at times and not everything they do is as interesting, but they certainly know how to rock. And they know what to do with the blues.
Get A Grip is a great Aerosmith record. :up:

Agreed.

I saw them last summer, and they were pretty cool live. Not to mention Joe Perry is smokin'. ;) :combust:

meh. i can take 'em or leave 'em. i did see them live once, a few years ago. the tickets were a birthday gift from me to my boyfriend at the time. we were in the fifth row, so that was good. and they sold beer there, so that was good too.

I love Aerosmith as a rock band. I'm not an active fan as in I don't listen to them regularly, but admire their back catalogue of music (and don't care for anything they've done since the Diane Warren crap). They are incredible live, and I've always had the hots for Steven Tyler.

I have a love and hate relationship with Aerosmith. They have written some great and kick ass rock n' roll songs like Mama Kin, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle Again and even some pop-rock songs worth listening to like Dude Looks Like A Lady, Crying and The Other Side. I have never seen what's so special about Dream On but whatever, people seem to love it. As Martin said they have a cheesy aspect to them that annoys the hell out of me and I don't like Steven Tyler as a person or as singer all that much. I don't know what people see on Joe Perry that is so special, he's a great guitar player but not as amazing as people like to say he is. I loathe some of their records but I really like Honkin' On A Bobo, even though it doesn't do anything new worth those old blue songs covered by a shitload of people already and it starts with that classic dumbass Aerosmith intro, still it lets those guys shine and they do very well on them. It's obviously what they like to play the most. If Aerosmith ever releases an album with original songs that plays out like that one I'll definitely buy it! And I’m here patiently waiting for it as I got a feeling that some day (maybe the next record) they will deliver it. But if they do another one like Just Push Play or even like Nine Lives then I'll stay away from them.

Some bands are meant to be free musically and do experimentations with whatever they want to, like U2 and some other bands should stick to their guns and do what they know how to do best, like Aerosmith. Pump (which is a good album), Get A Grip and Nine Lives are obvious commercial attempts. And Just Push Play is just horrible. As I said I love and hate them, they wrote some amazing songs and I still think they can do it again but they have spawned those horrible hair-pop-metal bands with their poser attitude that I despise and for that I will never, ever forgive them! :mad: I have a friend who worships Aerosmith so I have to listen to him talking about them quite a bit. :crack:

Toys in The Attic i quite like otherwise good to crap but never super great.

They are a good band, especially live. Cant say I'm a huge fan but there work up until after the Pump album was pretty good. They have written some great songs. I kind of see them as a junior varsity Rolling Stones.

I have seen them twice including last year on the tour with Kiss. I will say it was an interesting crowd. I think I had more fun people watching at that show than I did watching the actual show!! :lol:

Last edited:
Old Aerosmith :up:

Recent Aerosmith :no:

(Edited to add I haven't heard Honkin on Bobo, the :no: refers to crap like "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

Last edited:
Aerosmith rocks. Have had the pleasure of the seeing the band live twice and had such a great time. The Toxic Twins are really great songwriters, "Dream On," "Angel," "Cryin'," "Hole in My Soul," and then all the fun tongue-in-cheek stuff like "Pink," "Love in an Elevator."

And Joe Perry is stunning.

oh man i just got the new aerosmith live dvd (you gota move)

tyler can sing like a motherfucker. and hes like 50 amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Perry on guitar is just insane great blues guitar player .

Aerosmith is a necessary ingredient in rock and roll....I think their survival instincts are to be commended. They battled personal problems and addictions, were strong enough to talk about it and how it made their music lousy, and they are still alive and kicking so they may enjoy life and more great music. I think they've written some classics.

Back
Top Bottom