Advice please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ditto to what Sicy said...need more info to give you proper input...

however, generally I'd say go with your gut

but in the long run you should pick which job would make you happy

nothing worse than going to work every day at a job you hate or wish you would have chosen the other one later on

hope this helps

"A gut feeling" .... I've heard it described as God talking to you. So I would go with the gut.

I should've known a bunch of u2 fans would tell me to go with my gut! :lol:

One is manager of marketing and PR for a non-profit with a great mission. It has better benefits/pay across the boards and would give me more responsibilities, which scares me but the fear is a good thing because it means I know that I would grow a lot. The position also gives me a broader range of things to do--i.e. if I don't enjoy one part of it, there are many other things I'd be doing that I would enjoy.

The other is with an organization I've always wanted to work for, and one whose mission is right in line w/my personal values and academic background. The position is a development assistant position, and a big chunk of that is grantwriting. The position itself is safer because it is more of a team position. It scares me because I've never done grantwriting, and if I find that I don't enjoy it or am not good at it, that's a huge part of my job that I won't enjoy. I love writing, and am good at it,but I've never relied on my writing skills in a deadline-driven, job situation (just in school!) so I don't know if I'd thrive or if it would take something I love and turn it into something I don't enjoy as much.

oh, and the people are great at both!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom