Adult Swim (cartoon network) Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anyone else love Adult Swim? What are your favorite shows?

Mine are Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Space Ghost, though they don't show that one anymore.
I also like to watch Family Guy and Futurama, but those are reruns from network television of course.

"Who wrote tha moon rules #1 on my car? 'Cause I know it was you."

Sealab 2021 is so out there, I am constantly overwhelmed by its hilarity and brilliance. You never know what they're going to do next. While I love ATHF I just think this one has a little more to it.

The Venture Bros. benefits from having 30 minutes of craziness instead of the normal Adult Swim 15 min slot. The parody/dysfunctional version of Johnny Quest is such a great choice. And best animated opening credits ever.

Let's also not forget Harvey Birdman. My favorite is Boo Boo as the mad bomber.

laz

jay, i've still only seen those aqua teen hunger forces that i saw when i was talking to you. meatwad was trying to be a rapper, and i can't remember the other one. the funny thing is i think the one i forgot was the better episode :der:

ah yes, sea labs is great too sometimes, but sometimes it gets a little too out there to a point where it isn't funny imo.

I like to watch the oblongs too when they show it.

Tom Goes to the Mayor sucks and they need to stop playing bad versions of Police music in their commercials before I hunt them down and kill them :angry:

They need to stop wasting my time with stupid anime :angry:

In other news I got this sticker today :D!
(bottom right)
d9_1_b.JPG

bonosloveslave said:
We have the Aqua Teens on DVD - I'm still not sure about that show but my hubby loves it...

I want the DVDs...oh, man, I love that show. Meatwad is the best.

~~~

"A car cannot be killed. It was murdered....by someone who is jealous of Carl's ability to drive." -Master Shake

~~~

Shake: "Look at him and tell me there's a God."

Meatwad: "He made me in his own image."

Shake: "Oh yeah, that's right! God's a big meatball, I forgot!"

Meatwad: "He is."

Shake: "Does he stink like you?"

~~~

"And then he shouted that my astronauts were living together in sin, and they deserved to be mulched." -Meatwad

~~~

"You don't own space, so stop acting like you do." -Master Shake

~~~

"Real dolls cost money, and I'd just rather use the unlimited power of my imagination...'cause I ain't got no damn money." -Meatwad

~~~

"Someone stole my PDA, and I will ruin this house with my anger!" -Master Shake

~~~

"Please do not insult what little intelligence I have." -Meatwad

~~~

"Why don't you marry the vortex if you love it so much?" -Master Shake

~~~

"Hell yeah, I'm a dirty white boy!" -Meatwad

~~~

"Hey, how do I know if I'm aroused?" -Meatwad

~~~

Shake: "Why don't you go check the gutters?"

Frylock: "Why would it be up in the gutters, Shake?"

Shake: "That's where your DVD burner ended up when it decided not to work."

Frylock: "Oh, I damn sure better not find that up there!"

Shake: "Well, that's the last place I remember chucking it."

~~~

Shake: "I'm not in the business of seeing whatever pleases you!"

Meatwad: Well, I'm in business. *under his breath* Business of kicking your ass, and let me tell ya, business is booming. I'm open for business, business of giving you the business...up your butt. *sees Shake with a baseball bat* Did you hear me say that?

Shake: "You're looking to expand your business?"

Meatwad: *runs away* "Business is closed!"

~~~

"Yeah, well, I noticed this long cord comin' from my house, then I noticed YOUR house, glowin' like the freakin' SUN. So I put two and two together and decided...you're pissin' me off." -Carl

~~~

"I got rid of my teeth at a young age because...I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them." -Master Shake

~~~

"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and you know how much God hates that." -Ol' Drippy

~~~

"I wanna meet the captain and go get sexy with him...whatever that means." -Meatwad

~~~

Meatwad: "It's all starting to add up now, isn't it? The levitation, the evil book reading, them cream cookies you always eating. You a damn witch!"

Frylock: "Oh yeah? Well, whatcha gonna do about it?"

Meatwad: "Eat pizza. Pizza time, pizza time!"

~~~

Frylock: "They wore pantaloons back in those days."

Meatwad: "Shoot, boy. You'd get killed wearing that in my hood."

See...I love Sealab2021 and RobotChicken and Harvey Birdman and the Venture Bros. (Sunday nights :drool: )...I think Aqua Teen is played out. I like the "edgier" stuff.

sealab has its moments, robot chicken is hit & miss, harvey birdman is pretty meh. aqua teen pwnz them all. number 1 in tha hood g! shake is my favourite character, he is such an a-hole.

"Are you the guy telling me to beware? 'Cuz I'll tell you where to be!"

I used to LOVE Space Ghost Coast To Coast...before they took it off the air.. :mad:

Right now I kind of liked Baby Blues and Home Movies...but they don't really show BB anymore and HM's animation gives me a headache. :huh:

Home Movies is fantastic, very underappreciated. It doesn't help that it has the worst timeslot and on only once a week.

I prefer the newer, non-Squigglevision animation, but it doesn't give me a headache. It just looks better, much higher production quality and just cleaner. :shrug:

Now, if they'd only get the rights to Dr. Katz.. :scream:

edit: forgot to mention.. I believe Adult Swim has stopped showing Baby Blues completely and given it over to TBS's Adult Swim-esque comedy block, but I don't know what time they show it.

Last edited:
I haven't watched HM in awhile. It sounds cleaner now, maybe I'll catch it.

And yeah, I saw Baby Blues not too long ago on some other station, I thought it was Fox, but probably not. Whenever it was; it was late at night.

Does anyone remember "Oh Canada!" from before Adult Swim days? That show gave me nightmares. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom