Admit it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have lots of emo music: AFI :heart:, Thrice, Death Cab for Cutie, All-American Rejects, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday

However, I do NOT have anything by My Chemical Romance :D

oh i forgot the obligatory :reject: :reject:

Last edited:
I quite like some of the stuff mentioned here, ironic or otherwise. AFI, My Chemical Romance, Take That and yes a dash of Good Charlotte.

But if you want a musical guilty pleasure, I'll say the song 'Hysteria' by Muse. There, I said it. I think it's a great song, as do I think 2000000 other people on this board, but honestly I think the band is rubbish (ie. unlike the 2000000 other people on this board). I can listen to that song all day though.

I'm a sucker for late 90s radio poprock. Save Tonight by Eagle Eyed Cherry, Here's to the Night by Eve 6, Hands by Jewel, Graduation Song by Vitamin C (yes I just said that). Old stuff by Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day.

Nostalgia purposes, makes me feel like a little kid again :love:

:wink:

I don't own any albums of hers, but if any Celine Dion songs come on the radio, I always listen :reject: :reject:

that by far is the worst one here yet :reject:

I also really like No Doubt, but I think that's cos my best friend has liked them forever and always plays their stuff and it's kinda grown on me :whistle:

vivalapopedge said:
I don't own any albums of hers, but if any Celine Dion songs come on the radio, I always listen :reject: :reject:

This remembered me of another sin...
A friend of mine had Celine Dion's "1 fille & 4 types" (a girl a four guys), a french album of her released in 2003... and I started to like some songs...
One day, when she lent me the album... I started to like it. It's a bit different of what that woman uses to do.
It has a folk pop/rock feeling and some songs look western. She almost doesn't scream. her voice looks peaceful and the songs are very pleasant. The lyrics seem good to (depite not written by her). I think that if Celine Dion was not known, probably more people would enjoy it too (for a pop singer, of course).
I like that album and I'm not ashamed of that.:up:

Not counting individual songs....because my iPod is overloaded with embaressing songs

Cher, Fall Out Boy, and The Spice Girls

:reject: :wink:

VertigoGal said:
I'm a sucker for late 90s radio poprock. Save Tonight by Eagle Eyed Cherry, Here's to the Night by Eve 6, Hands by Jewel, Graduation Song by Vitamin C (yes I just said that). Old stuff by Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day.

Nostalgia purposes, makes me feel like a little kid again :love:

:wink:

:rockon:

you forgot the amazing Duncan Sheik song Barely Breathing

that was an integral song in my childhood :drool:

I once went to a minor league baseball game with some friends even thought I hate baseball just because the ticket price included a Chicago concert at the stadium afterwards.

But I think my biggest musical weakness is cheesy 80s synth-pop.

LemonMacPhisto said:

:rockon:

you forgot the amazing Duncan Sheik song Barely Breathing

that was an integral song in my childhood :drool:

Ahh yes, Barely Breathing. I bought the whole album. I also thought Jars of Clay was a good idea too. And New Kids on the Block. and Debbie Gibson. (thankfully, I have gotten rid of the evidence for the last two).

I must admit I contain several other items in my guilty closet:

there is one Mandy Moore song on my computer, one Britney, several Christina, some J Lo, 2 Celine Dion songs, 2 songs by Nelly along with countless other songs I downloaded. I made myself feel better by putting them in a folder I named "crap I don't know why I have". Yet, the folder still remains today...

other than that, I would say my other guilty pleasures are owning a Linkin Park album...at least that's all I will admit to for today...

Matchbox 20. :reject: I like Rob Thomas' voice. :reject:

When I'm angry at men (or one man, in particular), I totally rock out to Linkin Park's My Way, waving my arms in a "fuck, yeah!" gesture. :shifty:

Conversely, when I'm feeling all mushy, I take great enjoyment from Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse. :reject:

God, I'm lame sometimes.

:shifty:

I really love Anastacia.

And sometimes I listen a Jesse McCartney song (Right Were You Want Me)

:whistle:

MissHewson said:
:shifty:

I really love Anastacia.

:whistle:

I am with you. I however am also the proud owner of all the Backstreet Boys CDs as well as Brittany Spears.

Yup it's true!!:(

Queen Bee said:
My Chemical Romance.

I can't believe I just admitted that :uhoh:

:lol:

and you made fun of me for (actually, a number of things)!

i've got a bunch of things i'm supposed to call guilty pleasures. five for fighting "100 years," a couple fall out boy songs, and shitty late 90s mainstream pop/rock, i guess.

aquaaquariummediumtu1.jpg
melissaetheridge150bmi8.jpg
chumbawamba.jpg
corris1.jpg
b0006399fs03lzzzzzzzjy6.jpg
andrewwkpartyzq6.jpg

Oh man I forgot about Journey. I have a Best Of videos DVD with some scary shit from them on it. Mainly the Separate Ways video, and Steve's Perry's leopard print tank tops and clearly visible dick through 70s jeans.

Not cool.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have "wind beneath my wings" and "my heart will go on" on my iPod... but to be fair, i have them for the sole purpose of annoying people in my car and/or office.

Suuuuuuuuuure. :wink:

Those would be great to want co-workers to bang their heads against the wall until they bleed, though. :drool:

God, I can be so violent at times. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom