Adiós, Spain Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh: I'm so used to living in drought that when I was in New Zealand in 2006 for U2 at Mount Smart Stadium, I was just about fascinated by sitting on lush green grass and how it felt under foot or to twirl in my fingers. I expect grass to be dead and crackly.

Ah, right. I don't normally do Best Ofs. Lately I've been fleshing out my collection of REM albums - for some bizarre reason, I didn't have Life's Rich Pageant, and more understandably, I hadn't gotten around to most of their 1990s/2000s albums.

Green grass you're living the dream Axver, living the dream

I thought it was a nice way to get to know their early career, plus it was only 10 euro and it's 2 discs

I thought it was a nice way to get to know their early career, plus it was only 10 euro and it's 2 discs

Downloading their entire discography has got me hours of music for absolutely nothing. :wink:

(Well, actually, I own a physical copy of Automatic For The People, since it was given to me for Christmas a few years ago. Not that it was of much use, since I just ripped it to the computer and it's been gathering dust since.)

Downloading their entire discography has got me hours of music for absolutely nothing. :wink:

(Well, actually, I own a physical copy of Automatic For The People, since it was given to me for Christmas a few years ago. Not that it was of much use, since I just ripped it to the computer and it's been gathering dust since.)

I'm more of a fan of CDs

And anyway my torrenting system is kinda busy right now with 37 GB of Sailor Moon Episodes...

Is that what he's doing in Europe now? Wow.

Yeah, the last few shows have just been crazy. I hope it continues when they come back for the final U.S. dates.

At the same time, I'm left to wonder why the sudden increase in songs, and I sure hope it's not because they won't be touring again as a unit. With the death of Federici and one other member supposedly having some issues, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm more of a fan of CDs

And anyway my torrenting system is kinda busy right now with 37 GB of Sailor Moon Episodes...

I find CDs to be absolutely useless. I just rip them to my computer and file them away. What's the point of that? I mean, sure, MP3 audio isn't the same as CD quality, but I'm the biggest audiophile of anybody I know and I find it very hard to tell the difference even on high volume, so I'm not fussed.

Sailor Moon?! :yikes:

I listen to music on a stereo too half the time, so I like them for there

and yup Sailor Moon :drool:, original japanese only though no crappy dubbing, haven't you seen the title of the latest DESCRIBE thread? :wink:

I remember when Sailor Moon was on TV when I was about twelve. It was on after some show I liked - I can't actually remember the show in question, though it was probably something I'd now disown ever watching, like Pokemon. Anyway, Sailor Moon fucking disturbed me then and it'd probably disturb me now. :laugh:

Sailor Moon kind of scared me when I was a kid.

Oh, and hi guys. I'm just having lunch, then I was going to do a bit of hiking in the hills.

I can't actually remember the show in question, though it was probably something I'd now disown ever watching, like Pokemon.

Nobody should disown that. Not when Team Rocket was there.

... wow, I never noticed at the time, but "Team Rocket" is a really bad name.

haven't you seen the title of the latest DESCRIBE thread? :wink:

I don't actually look at the main page of OOC except when starting a new Stuporthread. :wink:

And it feels like you've been on that Describe thread for ages. How many Stuporthreads have we gone through in the same time!

Nobody should disown that. Not when Team Rocket was there.

Yes, but can you imagine me watching Pokemon? Shouldn't twelve year old me have been watching some documentary on the discovery of some obscure South Atlantic island or something?

I don't actually look at the main page of OOC except when starting a new Stuporthread. :wink:

And it feels like you've been on that Describe thread for ages. How many Stuporthreads have we gone through in the same time!

Well this is like our third thread in a year, it's slowly getting back from the death t was going through for a long time

Probably what the superthread will be like in 2 years :wink:

I dismissed Pokemon as being too immature for me to watch

So did I. Then a couple of my friends were obsessed with it, and since I hadn't actually had any friends in Australia before that point, what with being the token Kiwi and all, I was quite happy to latch onto it and be involved. Then my school banned Pokemon and I pretty soon stopped caring again.

Probably what the superthread will be like in 2 years :wink:

:lol: If we keep going at our current rate, we'd probably account for half of Interference's posts in two years. That would be kind of scary.

Well we used to go through a Describe thread a day and then it just started slowing and slowing and people left and eventually it took 6 months to do a single thread

*waits for the demise of the superthread* :wink:

Well we used to go through a Describe thread a day and then it just started slowing and slowing and people left and eventually it took 6 months to do a single thread

*waits for the demise of the superthread* :wink:

Don't underestimate my dedication to something. :wink:

And watch as the Stuporthreads become an oasis of sanity when the new album drops ...

The superthreads will slow down when the tour starts. Setlist parties will largely replace such a broad concept.

Don't underestimate my dedication to something. :wink:

And watch as the Stuporthreads become an oasis of sanity when the new album drops ...

I can imagine it now

*Day 1* This album is amazing!!!!!!
*Day 14* this album sux!!!!!!U2 sux!!!!!!!they sold out!!!!!
*Day 35* What they didn't play Acrobat they suck!!! I'm not gonna go see them live because they suck so much!
*Day 50* U2 sux but I bought tickets for a dozen shows because...

The Superthreads will probably slow down eventually, but I think they'll still chug along alright for the foreseeable future.

I expect them to go well at least until the end of the next tour as a lone beacon of sanity in which to discuss U2 (for a change).

The superthreads will slow down when the tour starts. Setlist parties will largely replace such a broad concept.

I'm honestly not sure just how much I want to participate in the setlist parties right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom