Adiós, Spain Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, Dalton chiming in during everything last night with his random posts was quite entertaining. Don't know if people were paying attention or not.

Arguably the best line of the whole night was right after your huge post, saying "Right as this was posted, 'House of Cards' came on to my iTunes."

Dalton was in another realm last night. Amazing stuff.

At least he included an "etc."

It still needed to be said though.

The Rising is a cracking album. If you put it on a Top 20 list though, you obviously are a philistine.

Lonesome Day is an underrated Bruce song on that album. I actually listened to that song earlier today.

I really like The Rising as an album overall. I think it might be his best album in the last 20 years.

It was middle of the pack for me on the album.

Yes, it's a great album. It and Magic are his best since Nebraska, in my opinion.

I knew it would please you. :wink:

Into the Fire and You're Missing are the best tracks off this, in my opinion. They're also very personal for me, though not in a 9/11 way.

Yes, it's a great album. It and Magic are his best since Nebraska, in my opinion.

I don't even know that much Springsteen but I don't think Magic is too great an album, it has a good few songs on it that are pretty average and sorta boring; the songs sound great live though.

Axver before you start complaining about weather, come to Ireland. Last summer it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! and this summer it's been overcast, raining and below 20. Your weather is probably paradise to me

No, please send us rain. I would not complain about rain. We've been in a fucking drought for EIGHT YEARS and no sign of improvement. In fact, I normally love cloudy days, since sunlight leaves me mostly blind. But just for once, I'd like some photography weather. It'd be a nice excuse to go out ...

I don't even know that much Springsteen but I don't think Magic is too great an album, it has a good few songs on it that are pretty average and sorta boring; the songs sound great live though.

I loved it, personally. Only two tracks didn't thoroughly impress me. The rest was good, solid rock.

No, please send us rain. I would not complain about rain. We've been in a fucking drought for EIGHT YEARS and no sign of improvement. In fact, I normally love cloudy days, since sunlight leaves me mostly blind. But just for once, I'd like some photography weather. It'd be a nice excuse to go out ...

You can have all our rain, especially for the next two weeks

I don't want my first music festival to be a mud bath, I want to be able to enjoy the amazingness that will be REM followed by the Verve :drool:

Guess who just tied the game in the 9th with a homer?

That's right, folks, you guessed it.

Grady Fucking Sizemore.

I love when he says he's a drummer without a beat and Max plays out of time. That cracks me up.

I loved it, personally. Only two tracks didn't thoroughly impress me. The rest was good, solid rock.

Don't get me wrong it's a good-great album but it could stand to loss a couple of tracks. But I'm hardly a massive Bruce fan, my dad is the Bruce fan in the house and my main reason for seeing him live was him, he put on a hell of a show though

You can have all our rain, especially for the next two weeks

I don't want my first music festival to be a mud bath, I want to be able to enjoy the amazingness that will be REM followed by the Verve :drool:

I'm sure you'd also find a dustbowl rather unenjoyable. Here's an illustration of just how amazingly dry it is here. This was Royal Park in January this year. It has not improved since.

s640x480

And REM and The Verve? Awesome. :drool:

Don't get me wrong it's a good-great album but it could stand to loss a couple of tracks. But I'm hardly a massive Bruce fan, my dad is the Bruce fan in the house and my main reason for seeing him live was him, he put on a hell of a show though

Agreed. And yes, he's one of the all-time live greats. I saw him early on this tour in Philly. It was intense.

I'm sure you'd also find a dustbowl rather unenjoyable. Here's an illustration of just how amazingly dry it is here. This was Royal Park in January this year. It has not improved since.

s640x480

And REM and The Verve? Awesome. :drool:

I've never seen anything like that except when I was in Cyprus and we went to that amusement park in the middle of nowhere and then the taxi left, and the park was closed, and we had to walk back to the nearest road with cars on it several miles away in what looked and felt like a desert

And yes the Verve and REM, should be incredible, I'm hoping REM don't play much from their new album...they need to break out into These Days (I think that's the name lol) that'd be incredible :drool:

Agreed. And yes, he's one of the all-time live greats. I saw him early on this tour in Philly. It was intense.

He was well worth the incredibly high prices I had to pay...80 something euro...

I've never seen anything like that except when I was in Cyprus and we went to that amusement park in the middle of nowhere and then the taxi left, and the park was closed, and we had to walk back to the nearest road with cars on it several miles away in what looked and felt like a desert

And yes the Verve and REM, should be incredible, I'm hoping REM don't play much from their new album...they need to break out into These Days (I think that's the name lol) that'd be incredible :drool:

Heh, that doesn't sound like too fun an adventure. That photo is just a bit north of central Melbourne in the inner suburbs. I'm told that eight years ago, it was lush and green and a very beautiful park. But now - yeah, it looks like a desert.

These Days, on Life's Rich Pageant? I've only just got that album, and that's a great track. The first four songs on that album are amazing. As for The Verve, I bloody well hope they decide to hit Australia on this reunion.

Hey FYM, how about some interesting threads for a change? :yawn:

Heh, that doesn't sound like too fun an adventure. That photo is just a bit north of central Melbourne in the inner suburbs. I'm told that eight years ago, it was lush and green and a very beautiful park. But now - yeah, it looks like a desert.

These Days, on Life's Rich Pageant? I've only just got that album, and that's a great track. The first four songs on that album are amazing. As for The Verve, I bloody well hope they decide to hit Australia on this reunion.

I was told that eight years ago, the sky was blue, but that was clearly a nasty rumour :wink: well actually Ireland's not that bad, the sky is blue when the temperature drops below 10C

Yeah I think it is although I'm not sure, I have it on their Best of, the one of the IRS years, 2 CD edition.

Hey Khan :wave:

I was told that eight years ago, the sky was blue, but that was clearly a nasty rumour :wink: well actually Ireland's not that bad, the sky is blue when the temperature drops below 10C

Yeah I think it is although I'm not sure, I have it on their Best of, the one of the IRS years, 2 CD edition.

:laugh: I'm so used to living in drought that when I was in New Zealand in 2006 for U2 at Mount Smart Stadium, I was just about fascinated by sitting on lush green grass and how it felt under foot or to twirl in my fingers. I expect grass to be dead and crackly.

Ah, right. I don't normally do Best Ofs. Lately I've been fleshing out my collection of REM albums - for some bizarre reason, I didn't have Life's Rich Pageant, and more understandably, I hadn't gotten around to most of their 1990s/2000s albums.

Hey Khan :wave: Quick question before I duck back out. Are there any site's you know of that have setlists from earlier Enz concerts. Didn't notice it on the Frenz site. Maybe those lists weren't saved?

Oh, and :wave: to everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom