Adiós, Spain Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, REM fans, I'd like to give Monster another chance. Besides What's The Frequency, what tracks would you recommend I listen to?

Not like that'd really mean anything, though.

Ha, yeah. Comfortably Numb, Hey You, and Run Like Hell are good, but the rest is just dross.

I think Let Me In is an amazing song.

I also really like I Took Your Name.

Monster hasn't held up for me over time. It's not even remotely a bad album, it just seems dated to me.

I think Let Me In is an amazing song.

I also really like I Took Your Name.

Monster hasn't held up for me over time. It's not even remotely a bad album, it just seems dated to me.

Hah, I have I Took Your Name on right now. I was reading REM Wikipedia articles last night and one about a live release mentioned I Took Your Name was a setlist rarity, so on a whim I put it on and enjoyed it. Moving onto Let Me In now.

OK, back in 25 minutes or so, folks.

As for Monster, I preferred I Took Your Name to Let Me In. Circus Envy seems pretty cool.

Hah, I have I Took Your Name on right now. I was reading REM Wikipedia articles last night and one about a live release mentioned I Took Your Name was a setlist rarity, so on a whim I put it on and enjoyed it. Moving onto Let Me In now.

a rarity? Hell, they opened with it at quite a few Monster tour shows, I thought. I don't think that's right.

The live version on their recent live CD/DVD is killer.

Tidbit about Let Me In - written about Kurt Cobain (he and Stipe were friends), Mike Mills plays lead guitar, and at least on the tour, he played one of Kurt's guitars for that song.

I like Circus Envy, partly because it's so goofy.

:wave: I see Summer '68 is being extolled by Axver. Guess I must not have missed anything new and interesting.

so, another day where someone changed my schedule without telling me, and i end up late for work

I wholeheartedly support what REM were going for with Monster. It's not great overall, but the best moments are.

Kenneth :combust:
Crush With Eyeliner :rockon:
I Don't Sleep, I Dream :drool:

This thread is full of 24-hour party people.

Hell yes!

dropacidpj6.jpg

image.php

dropacidpj6.jpg

image.php

dropacidpj6.jpg

image.php

sryder_final.jpg

That sounds bad. :uhoh: Is the superthread bringing down your job performance?

No, my Manager Jessica making the biggest deal in the world about how I had to close tonight, making me cancel my plans to go see Tom Petty in Chicago, is the reason I thought I had to close.

See, Jessica makes the schedule, let's everyone see it, then takes it to Rupal the owner of the store, and makes sure it gets approved. My problem is, when it comes to things like that, I have a photographic memory, so I saw the schedule before Rupal changed it, and apparently she felt bad, and told Jess to give me tonight off so I could go to the concert, and I was supposed to work this morning instead.

Little late now guys, I'm not seeing Tom now until August 27th, in TEXAS.

So, now instead, I look bad, and, since they called me off yesteday for no apparent reason, that's more hours (read: money) that I'm losing.

Damn it.

So, fuck my shower. It is seriously the worst in the world. If I can get 2 minutes of hot water out of it, it's a miracle.

I am on the verge of calling my landlord and telling him that I want a new, bigger hot water tank installed. I don't care if I have to pay for some of it.

Now she's calling me a liar pretty much.

She's not acting mad at me. But she's pretty much calling me a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom