Adiós, Spain Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #46
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Well go practise then lol. I love to sing, so I did my fair share on some of the more recent songs. Not the most recent songs, didn't have a lot of time to do those. But I particularly liked to do Angel of Harlem, COBL and TUF You don't remember which songs? I want to here you sing!

I'll be waiting for those uploads
I think I was on Streets and whatever was the very first song ever done.

And I'd like to practise, but 1. I'm lazy, 2. I suck, 3. I'm lazy, and 4. I can't actually tune a guitar.

I'll at least borrow Ali's tuner before we butcher October, though!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think I was on Streets and whatever was the very first song ever done.

And I'd like to practise, but 1. I'm lazy, 2. I suck, 3. I'm lazy, and 4. I can't actually tune a guitar.

I'll at least borrow Ali's tuner before we butcher October, though!
Well let's just say practice makes perfect, so if you'll finally start to practise, you'll probably get better, right?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:05 PM
I'm off again, almost dinner time here and still have a couple of chores to do! Enjoy your evening/night (or what's left of it)
Old 07-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #49
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh man, imagining you listening to Dr. Dre is awesome. I wonder if you'd like it... I don't know what your opinion on rap is. Rap was actually probably my first musical love.

No, I haven't downloaded it yet, I think I might get around to that right now, as I'm putting stuff on my iPod.
I've never liked rap, at least nothing I've heard on the radio, but I'm aware that's meant to be generally pretty shit as far as rap goes. And I'm not going to go and say "rap = crap lawlz", because anybody who writes off an entire genre is just being absurd (though I can quite understand when people entirely write off country). Plus, I'll admit that nu-metal - which is the bane of the metal community - has kind of poisoned the well for me a bit.

Will be interesting to see what you think. It's nothing like Bittersweet Symphony.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Alright MJ, have a good one and enjoy your dinner!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #51
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Well let's just say practice makes perfect, so if you'll finally start to practise, you'll probably get better, right?
I can dream!

Actually, I can play 11 O'clock Tick Tock, An Cat Dubh, and New Year's Day with some competence, so I suppose there is hope for me yet.

Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:05 AM
Hi, gang.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #53
Vocal parasite

Hey Alicia!

How are you today?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

Pretty good, thanks. Took me forever to fall asleep last night, so I'm tired.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Screwtape, just to answer a few things from last night, because I'm sure you'll check in, whether it's as you or as a guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
If you don't like how I am treated at times, why have you never said anything? All I hear from people is that I deserve to be made fun of. No one has ever stood up and said enough.
I have stood up for you. In different ways. You'll have to search back through the superthreads to find exact posts, but they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post

Just answer me this guys. What did I do to bring about your wrath? When did I become the bad guy?

Phanan, who is one of your prog buddies and takes your music advice to heart every time? I am.
I'm not sure exactly what your point is with this post. I've never had any "wrath" towards you, I've never said you were a bad guy (just the opposite, in fact - including last night), and I've never held anything against you. I don't even know you.

I like talking about music with you, and I hope we can continue to do so in the future.

And I'm still counting on your participation in Retro Island. I think you'll enjoy it.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
Vocal parasite

I'm thinking I should get my sleeping habits back to something approaching normality. It's nearly 2am and this feels quite early.

Also, REM's Fall On Me is fucking incredible. Why did I not get Life's Rich Pageant earlier?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Pretty good, thanks. Took me forever to fall asleep last night, so I'm tired.
I slept well and am still tired.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm thinking I should get my sleeping habits back to something approaching normality. It's nearly 2am and this feels quite early.

Also, REM's Fall On Me is fucking incredible. Why did I not get Life's Rich Pageant earlier?
You've never heard Fall On Me before? I would have thought you would have even without hearing the album, as it was the big single.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
That's one of my favorite REM albums. Possibly my favorite, but it depends on the day. The only song I don't care for is "Just a Touch," but there's so much awesomeness to make up for it.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
I've never liked rap, at least nothing I've heard on the radio, but I'm aware that's meant to be generally pretty shit as far as rap goes. And I'm not going to go and say "rap = crap lawlz", because anybody who writes off an entire genre is just being absurd (though I can quite understand when people entirely write off country). Plus, I'll admit that nu-metal - which is the bane of the metal community - has kind of poisoned the well for me a bit.

Will be interesting to see what you think. It's nothing like Bittersweet Symphony.
Yeah, most mainstream rap is pretty terrible, and obviously gives the genre a bad reputation. The negativity towards rap from so many people is astounding! Actually, I feel the same way about country. If you look at recent country, well yeah, it's absolutely awful - but back in the roots there was a lot of really good stuff, some of the best music I've ever heard. Appalachian musicians before Johnny Cash was even born, for example.

Nu-metal is filth. Nobody in the world should like nu-metal, it's the bane of all music, not just metal. That's probably the only genre where NOTHING is good.

Heh, I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, I'll get going to that right now.

Tags
superthread