Adiós, Spain Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #526
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
You can have all our rain, especially for the next two weeks

I don't want my first music festival to be a mud bath, I want to be able to enjoy the amazingness that will be REM followed by the Verve
I'm sure you'd also find a dustbowl rather unenjoyable. Here's an illustration of just how amazingly dry it is here. This was Royal Park in January this year. It has not improved since.

And REM and The Verve? Awesome.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong it's a good-great album but it could stand to loss a couple of tracks. But I'm hardly a massive Bruce fan, my dad is the Bruce fan in the house and my main reason for seeing him live was him, he put on a hell of a show though
Agreed. And yes, he's one of the all-time live greats. I saw him early on this tour in Philly. It was intense.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm sure you'd also find a dustbowl rather unenjoyable. Here's an illustration of just how amazingly dry it is here. This was Royal Park in January this year. It has not improved since.

And REM and The Verve? Awesome.
I've never seen anything like that except when I was in Cyprus and we went to that amusement park in the middle of nowhere and then the taxi left, and the park was closed, and we had to walk back to the nearest road with cars on it several miles away in what looked and felt like a desert

And yes the Verve and REM, should be incredible, I'm hoping REM don't play much from their new album...they need to break out into These Days (I think that's the name lol) that'd be incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Agreed. And yes, he's one of the all-time live greats. I saw him early on this tour in Philly. It was intense.
He was well worth the incredibly high prices I had to pay...80 something euro...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #529
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I've never seen anything like that except when I was in Cyprus and we went to that amusement park in the middle of nowhere and then the taxi left, and the park was closed, and we had to walk back to the nearest road with cars on it several miles away in what looked and felt like a desert

And yes the Verve and REM, should be incredible, I'm hoping REM don't play much from their new album...they need to break out into These Days (I think that's the name lol) that'd be incredible
Heh, that doesn't sound like too fun an adventure. That photo is just a bit north of central Melbourne in the inner suburbs. I'm told that eight years ago, it was lush and green and a very beautiful park. But now - yeah, it looks like a desert.

These Days, on Life's Rich Pageant? I've only just got that album, and that's a great track. The first four songs on that album are amazing. As for The Verve, I bloody well hope they decide to hit Australia on this reunion.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #530
Vocal parasite

Hey FYM, how about some interesting threads for a change?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #531
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:14 PM
hey peeps. i'm home and ready to start my weekend.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #532
Vocal parasite

Hey Khan.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Heh, that doesn't sound like too fun an adventure. That photo is just a bit north of central Melbourne in the inner suburbs. I'm told that eight years ago, it was lush and green and a very beautiful park. But now - yeah, it looks like a desert.

These Days, on Life's Rich Pageant? I've only just got that album, and that's a great track. The first four songs on that album are amazing. As for The Verve, I bloody well hope they decide to hit Australia on this reunion.

I was told that eight years ago, the sky was blue, but that was clearly a nasty rumour well actually Ireland's not that bad, the sky is blue when the temperature drops below 10C

Yeah I think it is although I'm not sure, I have it on their Best of, the one of the IRS years, 2 CD edition.

Hey Khan
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #534
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

hey dr. dré
Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The man turns 59 this year and is currently performing 29 song sets that are lasting close to three hours.

Just unreal.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #536
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I was told that eight years ago, the sky was blue, but that was clearly a nasty rumour well actually Ireland's not that bad, the sky is blue when the temperature drops below 10C

Yeah I think it is although I'm not sure, I have it on their Best of, the one of the IRS years, 2 CD edition.
I'm so used to living in drought that when I was in New Zealand in 2006 for U2 at Mount Smart Stadium, I was just about fascinated by sitting on lush green grass and how it felt under foot or to twirl in my fingers. I expect grass to be dead and crackly.

Ah, right. I don't normally do Best Ofs. Lately I've been fleshing out my collection of REM albums - for some bizarre reason, I didn't have Life's Rich Pageant, and more understandably, I hadn't gotten around to most of their 1990s/2000s albums.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #537
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

hey guys, did you know lenny kravitz doesn't wear underwear?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #538
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
The man turns 59 this year and is currently performing 29 song sets that are lasting close to three hours.
Dear under 50 U2,

Take notes.

Regards,
Entire fan community

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #539
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Hey Khan Quick question before I duck back out. Are there any site's you know of that have setlists from earlier Enz concerts. Didn't notice it on the Frenz site. Maybe those lists weren't saved?

Oh, and to everyone else
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

Walk off homerun A.J. Pierzynski.

7 in a row for the good guys.

Tags
superthread