Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
YOU'VE BEEN THE ONE MAKING ME WORK! :madspit:

(Well, at least a couple of evenings ago anyway ...)
Did anyone hear me say this was a bad thing? :D

Speaking of which... how's it going and when's it due? :wink:

I'm glad to hear it's the dinosaur. The Ali theory would be kind of creepy because all along I assumed we were referring to Hewson.

Phana, test is at 11:30, it's 7 right now. I'm really starting to get panicky.

Alisaura said:
*makes note to wear some kind of anti-rib-crushing padding if she ever tries to get front row*

Nah, since you'll be going for Adam's spot, you'll be fine. I never found it even remotely cramped around Edge's or Adam's spots.

Alisaura said:

Did anyone hear me say this was a bad thing? :D

Speaking of which... how's it going and when's it due? :wink:

:madspit:

Due tomorrow, just need to proofread, add a bibliography, and print. :up:

bono_212 said:
I'm glad to hear it's the dinosaur. The Ali theory would be kind of creepy because all along I assumed we were referring to Hewson.

Phana, test is at 11:30, it's 7 right now. I'm really starting to get panicky.

I'm sure you'll do fine.

At least you'll get some sleep afterwards.

phanan said:

I'm sure you'll do fine.

At least you'll get some sleep afterwards.

:crack: that's the thing, after the final, I've gotta drive to my uncle's to store some of my stuff in his garage, that's an hour away, then I've gotta come back, and get all moved out, so I can sleep, and then, as soon as I've checked out on Friday, 14 hour drive back to Indiana :crack:

The Sad Punk said:
Hiya Ali!
Hey Bonnie! :wave:

And everyone else too... sorry I didn't do the specific hellos today :reject:

In my defence, I'm tired, been eating sugary crap all day, and am now missing half a litre of blood. :happy:
(blood donation, not a horrendous injury)

I was wondering if you were going into work today Ali, given you were up until something like 3am ...

bono_212 said:
Aah... well, my name is actually Alison too, which is the other half of my screen name. But the people I know IRL don't call me Ali (I've never really had a nickname), so it was kinda strange when people here started calling me Ali (I don't mind!), cos I was used to associating it with Ali Hewson too. :shrug:

So yeah, that would be creepy! :huh:

Also, good luck with this test! And make sure you take care with the driving and stuff... :yikes:

Some friends of ours decided they were going to drive up to Mt Isa from here (which is a freakin looooooong way... 2,600km), starting at 9.30pm on a Friday night, after they'd both been working all day. They were going to drive all night, non-stop (except driver swaps), and all day until they got there... :coocoo:
I assume they made it, since I haven't heard anything on the news. :huh:

Axver said:
I was wondering if you were going into work today Ali, given you were up until something like 3am ...
It was somewhat tempting to give it a miss today, but my conscience got the better of me :wink:

I'm glad I went in, actually... looks like a miracle has occurred and my team leader is actually making progress about getting me to do a role that I've been wanting to do for AGES (and out of doing the one I hate, yay)... :D

Alisaura said:

It was somewhat tempting to give it a miss today, but my conscience got the better of me :wink:

I'm glad I went in, actually... looks like a miracle has occurred and my team leader is actually making progress about getting me to do a role that I've been wanting to do for AGES (and out of doing the one I hate, yay)... :D

:lol: So I suppose you were just about as sleep deprived as me?

And awesome, that's great news. :up:

OK, just grabbed some breakfast from the food area in the library, and while I was there a guy got decaf coffee, and that got me thinking.

Decaf coffee should be the litmus test for insanity. Hear me out. If you drink coffee, it should be because you need the caffeine. If you are drinking decaf, you're drinking it because, you like the taste of coffee. No sane person should like the taste of coffee. Hence, insanity.

I need sleep

Alisaura said:

Aah... well, my name is actually Alison too, which is the other half of my screen name. But the people I know IRL don't call me Ali (I've never really had a nickname), so it was kinda strange when people here started calling me Ali (I don't mind!), cos I was used to associating it with Ali Hewson too. :shrug:

:laugh:

I think I've only really known you as Ali, not Alison. But if living in Australia has caused me to do one thing, it's abbreviate names!

Some friends of ours decided they were going to drive up to Mt Isa from here (which is a freakin looooooong way... 2,600km), starting at 9.30pm on a Friday night, after they'd both been working all day. They were going to drive all night, non-stop (except driver swaps), and all day until they got there... :coocoo:
I assume they made it, since I haven't heard anything on the news. :huh:

WTF?!

Going to the Gold Coast, I can understand; I've done it myself. But to Mount fucking Isa?! They're insane! You don't want to be driving exhausted in the Outback either ... in fact, you generally just don't want to be driving in the Outback at dawn or dusk!

bono_212 said:
OK, just grabbed some breakfast from the food area in the library, and while I was there a guy got decaf coffee, and that got me thinking.

Decaf coffee should be the litmus test for insanity. Hear me out. If you drink coffee, it should be because you need the caffeine. If you are drinking decaf, you're drinking it because, you like the taste of coffee. No sane person should like the taste of coffee. Hence, insanity.

I need sleep

I agree with this. Coffee is repulsive. I won't even drink it to keep me awake. Soft drink can do that job, and it tastes far better.

bono_212 said:

Absolutely. :up:
Either that, or decaf drinkers are so addicted that their brains just give them caffiene-like boosts at the mere taste of coffee...

The only coffee I've ever tasted that I could almost tolerate was this super-magical mega-smooth supposedly non-bitter fabulous Hawaiian stuff that is so special that they don't export it, or something. It was okay. But I'd rather have a good hot chocolate any day! :drool:

Sleep deprivation brings clarity :wink:

I would think the same way here with people drinking non alcoholic beer (even though I like the taste of beer, I think it becomes useless without alcohol). However, my brother drinks non-alcoholic beer these days, simply because he wanted to drink less booze, but still wanted the refreshment of beer. I guess it's just like a malt drink.

Coffee, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Alisaura said:

Absolutely. :up:
Either that, or decaf drinkers are so addicted that their brains just give them caffiene-like boosts at the mere taste of coffee...

The only coffee I've ever tasted that I could almost tolerate was this super-magical mega-smooth supposedly non-bitter fabulous Hawaiian stuff that is so special that they don't export it, or something. It was okay. But I'd rather have a good hot chocolate any day! :drool:

That is the best thing I have read in a while. at 7:45 AM you have already made my day.

Axver said:
I think I've only really known you as Ali, not Alison. But if living in Australia has caused me to do one thing, it's abbreviate names!
Lazy... :tsk:

A friend of mine was even lazier, I think she insisted on calling everyone by one syllable. So I became Al.
And I naturally called her Betty, from then on. :D

WTF?!

Going to the Gold Coast, I can understand; I've done it myself. But to Mount fucking Isa?! They're insane! You don't want to be driving exhausted in the Outback either ... in fact, you generally just don't want to be driving in the Outback at dawn or dusk!
Exunctly. It's plain stupidity, they'll be damn lucky if they don't get themselves into some sort of trouble.

When we went to Broken Hill on a field trip, we did the last leg at night, and they put the whole busload(s) of us on 'roo-spotting duty.

Alisaura said:

Or possibly murder. If that fucking smoke detector had still been beeping when I got home, I'm not sure my neighbour would still be alive right now ...!

The Sad Punk said:
I would think the same way here with people drinking non alcoholic beer (even though I like the taste of beer, I think it becomes useless without alcohol). However, my brother drinks non-alcoholic beer these days, simply because he wanted to drink less booze, but still wanted the refreshment of beer. I guess it's just like a malt drink.

Coffee, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
.... :ohmy: I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-alcoholic beer. I'm astonished enough people would buy it in Australia that it's worth someone's while to manufacture/import it. :lol:

Good on your brother, though! :up:

Also, how are you?

Alisaura said:

.... :ohmy: I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-alcoholic beer. I'm astonished enough people would buy it in Australia that it's worth someone's while to manufacture/import it. :lol:

... Claytons doesn't ring a bell? :ohmy:

But that's the extent of my knowledge of non-alcoholic "booze", since it entered the lexicon, re: a Claytons solution.

Axver said:
Or possibly murder. If that fucking smoke detector had still been beeping when I got home, I'm not sure my neighbour would still be alive right now ...!
Oooooh, I feel your pain.

When I was living in student residence, every so often some alarm would go off, somewhere in the building, and IT WOULD GO ON AND ON AND ON FOR FUCKING DAYS. :crazy:

Alisaura said:

Lazy... :tsk:

A friend of mine was even lazier, I think she insisted on calling everyone by one syllable. So I became Al.
And I naturally called her Betty, from then on. :D

:lol: I hate it when I'm "Ond" or "Dray". Though certain characters here like to call me Dr Dre. :angry:

Exunctly. It's plain stupidity, they'll be damn lucky if they don't get themselves into some sort of trouble.

When we went to Broken Hill on a field trip, we did the last leg at night, and they put the whole busload(s) of us on 'roo-spotting duty.

Driving through the Outback is fucking BORING too. It all ends up looking the same. You're sleep deprived, exhausted, it's all blurring together ... you don't even notice the 'roo.

I knew a guy who grew up in St George, Outback Queensland and the amount of stories he could tell of idiotic drivers ...

Alisaura said:

Oooooh, I feel your pain.

When I was living in student residence, every so often some alarm would go off, somewhere in the building, and IT WOULD GO ON AND ON AND ON FOR FUCKING DAYS. :crazy:

AND NOBODY BROKE IT? If my smoke detector pisses me off, I'll just break it. I can't tolerate the noise.

bono_212 said:
I lied. THIS made my day.

In fact, you have inspired my first ever location change
:lol: I'm flattered!

I won't get too big a head about it, since you're very sleep deprived :wink:

I don't think any of us actually spotted any, incidentally.

Of course, there were cows among the tents the next morning. That was fun.

Then there were the dingo dens in the middle of the mapping area... lotta rotting sheep carcasses. :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom