Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #961
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Deadthread already?
I don't think this thread will ever die and now that I've said that it probably will

Old 05-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #962
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Well, I truly hope you find what you are looking for out of all this.
Screwtape, what are you looking for, and do you actually expect to find it? What do you think will happen?

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

But if you don't, I also truly hope that you learn from this, and that it helps give you some guidance in the years to come.
I completely 100% agree. I am less than 100% on the reality of this happening, though.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #963
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

You guys really do make me feel like a freak sometimes. You all made me feel like crap tonight. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not even here in the superthread. I'm sorry I am the way I am. I'm sorry I come off the way I do. Maybe I am a terrible person. Maybe I am a selfish person. I'm just sorry about everything.
Are you Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #964
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by *browneyedgirl*
I don't think this thread will ever die and now that I've said that it probably will
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #965
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You guys really do make me feel like a freak sometimes. You all made me feel like crap tonight. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not even here in the superthread. I'm sorry I am the way I am. I'm sorry I come off the way I do. Maybe I am a terrible person. Maybe I am a selfish person. I'm just sorry about everything.
I'm sorry you feel like a freak, Screwtape, and I'm sorry you feel like crap and isolated. But again, genuinely trying to be helpful here: You come off, more than anything, stubborn and closed minded, to advice from others, learning from experience, seeing the error of your ways, looking at the world without prejudging it and the people in it. I think that might be the root of the problem, and it definitely goes hand in hand with selfishness.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Screwtape, what are you looking for, and do you actually expect to find it? What do you think will happen?
I just want her to smile from what she reads. I want to know she is loved. That's all I want.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #967
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

I completely 100% agree. I am less than 100% on the reality of this happening, though.
Yes.

I honestly have (had?) hope for Screwtape, but it's nights like tonight that make me believe he's in a lot of trouble. There's nothing worse than being untouchable. He claims to value our opinions, but hasn't chosen to relate them to his situation, and has merely brushed them aside (or so it appears in this thread). Very hypocritical of him to say otherwise. I honestly want the best for you, Screwtape. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent my night talking this through with you and everyone else here.

Now.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #968
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I agree some people go overboard with you, but you can't take it personally - you don't even know us.

As I said, you are not a freak, and you aren't a terrible person. Yes, you can come across selfish at times with this subject, but really, we all act selfishly at one time or another when it comes to this stuff. Because it is something we want to believe, that we need to believe. And when it doesn't turn out the way you hope it does, you learn from it and move on. Plain and simple.

Good luck man.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I just want her to smile from what she reads. I want to know she is loved. That's all I want.
Cared for and loved are different thing. How well do you know her? How can you say you love her?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #970
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
there's no need to apologize to us. i certainly didn't try to make you feel like a freak or anything. you probably won't believe me, but i don't think you're a freak. a little misguided, but everyone is at some point in their lives. there's nothing wrong with that.

and i've felt like you, where i feel like i don't belong anywhere. but i consider you a friend and i know others do as well so at the very least that should tell you that you belong here.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #971
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I highly doubt she will smile, unless it is to laugh at (not with) you. It depends on whether the note comes off as creepy/possessive or just plain pathetic. I know these are harsh words, but (I really need a smiley for throwing my hands up in the air in defeat but I'll just use this one)
Old 05-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #972
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

Cared for and loved are different thing. How well do you know her? How can you say you love her?
I'm not going to tell her I love her because I honestly don't know plus that might make her a little sad. I'm going to tell her I care for her and would like to be friends.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #973
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
how can you love someone you hardly know, though?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #974
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

how can you love someone you hardly know, though?
Is it a coincidence that you're listening to that particular Foreigner song right now?

Now.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #975
Blue Crack Addict

Well, unlike most of you, I have to be up early for work, so I'm gone for the night.

And Axver, if and when you read this, give me an update on what you want to do with the Critic's Choice awards. Several people are now interested, so it looks like it could be worthwhile.

Later.

Tags
superthread