Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #571
The Male

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Should I see it?
It's got Molly Ringwald in it. Of course you should.

Now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
You guys just don't understand. I know what I am doing.
Sorry to be impolite, but are you sure? Because I don't think you do, unless you realize you'll be making a fool of yourself.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #573
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:

Should I see it?

If you want to understand Screwy's motivations, you do.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #574
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Should I see it?
HELL yes.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #575
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

You have no idea what you're doing, but, you never seem to let that, nor the avalanche of dissenting voices stop you. She does not "deserve" anything from you but respect for her situation. Your feelings for her do not override all other considerations. How do you not recognize that? There's a gap between being a romantic and being a stubborn creep.
Everybody step back for a moment.

Yes, I agree that this isn't a good idea. But I think this might be good for Screwtape, because sometimes you don't realize the consequences of your actions until it actually happens to you, because you are so blinded from everything else. And once you do realize it, it's too late, and the possibilities of any relationship, whether it's friendly or romantic, are ruined.

That is probably what will happen here, but I think it will benefit Screwtape if he goes through it. Sometimes people just don't get it until it happens to them. I think this is true for Screwtape.

Screwtape, I don't say this because I think you're stupid or something, so don't take it the wrong way. I just think that you are blinded by love and a bit naive about relationships in general, and sometimes the best way to learn is to go through it firsthand, even if how you go through it is the wrong way.

So good luck.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #576
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

If you want to understand Screwy's motivations, you do.
Well, he also would need to read everything Keats ever wrote, then some Wilde titles, then he'd need to learn to bow, then he'd need to take a rose petal bath, and then he'd start to begin to comprehend Screw-Maloo's thought processes.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #577
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Yes, I agree that this isn't a good idea. But I think this might be good for Screwtape, because sometimes you don't realize the consequences of your actions until it actually happens to you, because you are so blinded from everything else. And once you do realize it, it's too late, and the possibilities of any relationship, whether it's friendly or romantic, are ruined.

That is probably what will happen here, but I think it will benefit Screwtape if he goes through it. Sometimes people just don't get it until it happens to them. I think this is true for Screwtape.

Screwtape, I don't say this because I think you're stupid or something, so don't take it the wrong way. I just think that you are blinded by love and a bit naive about relationships in general, and sometimes the best way to learn is to go through it firsthand, even if how you go through it is the wrong way.

So good luck.
So you're essentially telling him to put his hand on the stove to find out what it feels like?

Fair enough.

Now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict

NSW, twice in a week?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

It isn't an advance and I'm going to stress that. I just want her to know how I feel. That's all. I respect that she is in a relationship. This is just something I have to do.
parsing words, advance vs letting her know how you feel. that indeed is an advance of sorts, or could very very very possibly be taken as one
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #580
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:35 PM
good point phanan. regardless of what screwtape does, i'm done telling him what i think he should do though, cuz nothing good will come out of sounding like a broken record.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #581
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

So good luck.
But it's not like he's asking someone out who is single but out of his league or something. He's not going to learn from this at all. He's confusing romance for making people remarkably uncomfortable. Sorry, but he is the one that needs to take a step back and learn the meaning of restraint.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #582
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

So you're essentially telling him to put his hand on the stove to find out what it feels like?

Fair enough.
I think at this point, despite how badly this could turn out, in the long run, it might benefit him.

This is based on what I know of his thoughts on this subject and his previous patterns of thinking regarding it.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Well, he also would need to read everything Keats ever wrote, then some Wilde titles, then he'd need to learn to bow, then he'd need to take a rose petal bath, and then he'd start to begin to comprehend Screw-Maloo's thought processes.

God, I picked a good day to drop in.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #584
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, I think Screwtape should do this. Maybe when he gets a load of library girl's response, he'll be a better person for it.

EDIT: just realized Phanan said the same thing.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #585
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

She deserves to know. I don't that is disrespectful. I am not going to make her break up with her boyfriend.
Peefan already called you on the "deserve" thing - but "make her break up" - I know you said you weren't going to, but to even use that language implies that you think you potentially could do that. You can't. Again, extremely disrespectful.

Tags
superthread