Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:
Well now I have become Screwtape the selfish, naive, lustful, stupid, warped-minded freak. :sigh:

No, you're Screwtape, the man who won't explain himself beyond "hey, that's the way it is."

i like soup. but the 2 soups i had today were so greasey i almost spit it out and a boring failure of an attempt at what it should have been, respectively

Screwtape2 said:
Well now I have become Screwtape the selfish, naive, lustful, stupid, warped-minded freak. :sigh:

You are not a freak. Some of the posts in here are in jest and are not to be taken seriously.

However, I do think you are young and inexperienced with this sort of thing, and yes, that makes you naive. It doesn't mean you are a jerk or a freak or anything, it just means you're learning about all this stuff for the first time, it's all converging on you, it's a heavy load, and you are doing what you think is right to get rid of that weight.

I think your proposed course of action is questionable. You obviously wanted some sort of reaction or else you wouldn't have brought it up. A few of us are trying to give you a different opinion on the matter, that's all.

And while I think you're wrong, I say go ahead, because for most of us, we learn from firsthand experience the best, and not from a bunch of people online that we've never met.

I am still curious about your response to tourist's question, but I understand if that is too personal to divulge, although I think it might make things a bit clearer.

phanan said:
You are not a freak. Some of the posts in here are in jest and are not to be taken seriously.

However, I do think you are young and inexperienced with this sort of thing, and yes, that makes you naive. It doesn't mean you are a jerk or a freak or anything, it just means you're learning about all this stuff for the first time, it's all converging on you, it's a heavy load, and you are doing what you think is right to get rid of that weight.

I think your proposed course of action is questionable. You obviously wanted some sort of reaction or else you wouldn't have brought it up. A few of us are trying to give you a different opinion on the matter, that's all.

And while I think you're wrong, I say go ahead, because for most of us, we learn from firsthand experience the best, and not from a bunch of people online that we've never met.

I am still curious about your response to tourist's question, but I understand if that is too personal to divulge, although I think it might make things a bit clearer.
:up: couldn't have said it better myself.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up: couldn't have said it better myself.

No, but being a mod you could've edited his post to say "dick" and then taken it and made it your own. :wink:

phanan said:

If he brought it up for feedback, why doesn't he listen to us?

Varitek said:

If he brought it up for feedback, why doesn't he listen to us?

Because he's hoping that one person in here will agree with him, plain and simple. He's looking for reassurance that what he wants to do is the right thing to do, even though he knew the chances of that happening were slim to none.

phanan said:

Me neither. It was way too warm for soup.

well the second soup i described was gaspatcho. the first was a hot soup but i was also having a salad and a pasta salad and i wanted something warm.

phanan said:
Sunroofs :drool:

Or better yet, convertibles.

With the top off...er, I mean down. :wink:
i love having a sunroof :drool:

the only reason i didn't opt for a convertible was because i was a bit wary of them after my car accident. i wasn't in one when i had it, but i just imagine how much worse it could've been had i been in one. do i worry/overanalyze? sometimes, yes :lol:

and yeah, it's always nice to have the top off on a nice day :shifty: :silent:

Screwtape2 said:

I do listen to you. I value all your opinions. This is just something I have to do the more I think about it.

Well, I truly hope you find what you are looking for out of all this.

But if you don't, I also truly hope that you learn from this, and that it helps give you some guidance in the years to come.

:up:

phanan said:

Today would have been a good day for a pasta salad. I should have had that.

unfortunately nearly everything at my dinging hall is so awful as to be disatisfactory, hence also trying the soup.

it is in theory an excellent pasta salad though, just poor execution: tortellini, feta cheese, spinach, cherry tomatoes (halved). i'd add some basil for starters.

Screwtape2 said:

I do listen to you. I value all your opinions. This is just something I have to do the more I think about it.

Please do me one favour: if you tell her she's beautiful, say it in a less suggestive way than "I think you're beautiful." Say something a bit more neutral like, "You're a beautiful individual."

phanan said:

You guys really do make me feel like a freak sometimes. You all made me feel like crap tonight. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not even here in the superthread. I'm sorry I am the way I am. I'm sorry I come off the way I do. Maybe I am a terrible person. Maybe I am a selfish person. I'm just sorry about everything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom