Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #466
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:11 PM
screwtape, let me just say this. i understand what it's like to feel like you just HAVE to say something to her. but feeling like you have to, doesn't always mean you should.

here's what i suggest: be old school, write a letter, and tear it up. or write it and don't mail it/give it to her. basically, just keep it or throw it away. or post it online and keep it private. but just don't let her see it. i've done this before when i've had to get things off my chest (especially with matters of the heart) and trust me, i end up feeling better as if i said it to the person, without the weirdness of having said it to them. i don't have to worry about having some huge fight, or them thinking i'm a freak.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Also, we need to figure out the tiebreaker thing for Bowie. And Laz felt the need to be a dick about it, but still, we need a solution.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
There are indeed two possibilities here. No middle ground:

1. She feels incredibly awkward around you and may never want to see you again.

2. She feels the same way and you two make sweet love on the floor near the periodicals.

Hint: option #2 probably won't happen. Plan accordingly.
If she doesn't want to see me again that's fine. I'll keep my distance after I do this.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #469
The Male

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

If she doesn't want to see me again that's fine. I'll keep my distance after I do this.
If you must, then you must. As long as you realize the consequences, best of luck.

Now.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Also, we need to figure out the tiebreaker thing for Bowie. And Laz felt the need to be a dick about it, but still, we need a solution.
We could make a poll with the tied tracks and vote on which deserves to move on. That seems the simple solution.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #471
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
screwtape, let me just say this. i understand what it's like to feel like you just HAVE to say something to her. but feeling like you have to, doesn't always mean you should.

here's what i suggest: be old school, write a letter, and tear it up. or write it and don't mail it/give it to her. basically, just keep it or throw it away. or post it online and keep it private. but just don't let her see it. i've done this before when i've had to get things off my chest (especially with matters of the heart) and trust me, i end up feeling better as if i said it to the person, without the weirdness of having said it to them. i don't have to worry about having some huge fight, or them thinking i'm a freak.
This is good advice. I recall doing the same thing once before.

Now.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #472
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I can deal with awkward. I don't know if I can deal with not revealing my feelings.
hmm...you may be able to deal with awkward, but what about her? is it really fair to put her through that? that any time she sees you coming, she might get that feeling that she'd rather not have to "deal with" you or whatever since things would be weird between you two? it just seems selfish to me.

i guess things are just different for me, because i'm just very good at keeping my feelings to myself, mostly out of fear of rejection. i've never had any desire to tell a guy i liked that i liked him, regardless of the circumstances. if it were me in your shoes and i liked some guy who was in a relationship, i'd be like "oh it's not meant to be" and see if we could be friends. which is what i'd do anyway even if he was single
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #473
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

We could make a poll with the tied tracks and vote on which deserves to move on. That seems the simple solution.
So, another one day poll with just Jean Genie vs. Lady Grinning Soul?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I have to do this Khan. I understand the consequences. I don't want to go into it but making sure someone knows your feelings is really important to me.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

So, another one day poll with just Jean Genie vs. Lady Grinning Soul?
Unless you have a quicker solution like a play-in game.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #476
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
This is good advice. I recall doing the same thing once before.
i have too. i've never done the write a letter, tear it up thing, but i've written tons of private entries on my livejournal addressed to people before. it's a great stress reliever. sure it's not quite as good as saying it to the person, but you get it off your chest, and you don't have to deal with their reaction if they never see it. you have to choose your battles wisely, and sometimes it's just not worth people knowing exactly how you feel, especially when emotions are raw.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #477
Blue Crack Supplier

You can deal with not revealing your feelings. You have to. In the course of life, there are a lot of things that are left unsaid. They have to be. For example, my mother's very religious. If I told her I've lost faith in religion, it would break her heart. So, I don't. I go to the masses.

Also, there's a girl I like. But I don't tell her, as you know. I can't. She's with my friend. The need to let it out cannot trump the unfairness to her. It's not fair for her or for my friend. Just like how you won't be fair to her or her boyfriend. There's a reason people don't do what you're thinking about doing. It's because it's unfair and a bit disrespectful.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

hmm...you may be able to deal with awkward, but what about her? is it really fair to put her through that? that any time she sees you coming, she might get that feeling that she'd rather not have to "deal with" you or whatever since things would be weird between you two? it just seems selfish to me.

i guess things are just different for me, because i'm just very good at keeping my feelings to myself, mostly out of fear of rejection. i've never had any desire to tell a guy i liked that i liked him, regardless of the circumstances. if it were me in your shoes and i liked some guy who was in a relationship, i'd be like "oh it's not meant to be" and see if we could be friends. which is what i'd do anyway even if he was single
If I sense or she tells me she feels awkward then I won't come back. I love the library but I would sacrifice it for her.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #479
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I have to do this Khan. I understand the consequences. I don't want to go into it but making sure someone knows your feelings is really important to me.
okay, as long as you know the consequences. good luck though
Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #480
The Male

Quote:

i have too. i've never done the write a letter, tear it up thing, but i've written tons of private entries on my livejournal addressed to people before. it's a great stress reliever. sure it's not quite as good as saying it to the person, but you get it off your chest, and you don't have to deal with their reaction if they never see it. you have to choose your battles wisely, and sometimes it's just not worth people knowing exactly how you feel, especially when emotions are raw.
Mine is in ZC.

In general, I run important issues through in my head dozens of times before I have a chance to make a decision, and that usually removes the element of emotion from them and forces me to think it through analytically. It's not easy to do that in situations like these, but totally worth it.

Now.

Tags
superthread