Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
just popping real quick to say this reminds me of the movie major league. i don't think this will end the same way at all.

Well yeah, Wesley Snipes is in prison.

Screwtape2 said:

Yes and yes. One word, one little note can make such a difference in a life or even be as little as bringing a smile to someone's face. This is who I am. I just want to bring something as small as a smile to her face. Does that make me selfish?

It really depends on the manner in which you do this. If you come off as sincere and non-advancing/aggressive--if you do this innocent like a child--if you don't say it in a way which would offend her boyfriend--if you do it simply as a friend--then maybe this could work.

But I think the odds are against you, because from what I know about you, you seem like you'd be awkward around girls.

I used to write letters, too, but my 3rd grade teacher said they weirded the girls out.

Screwtape2 said:

1. I'm not a prophet or anything. I'm just a guy who wants to remind a girl that she is cared for. You call me lustful and selfish but if you really knew me you would know my intents are pure.

2. You all already think I am lustful, selfish, naive and insane. No need to add to that.

I never said lustful, mia did.

KhanadaRhodes said:
just popping real quick to say this reminds me of the movie major league. i don't think this will end the same way at all.

I think it reminds Screwtape of Hollywood films as well. Not good.

LemonMacPhisto said:
It makes you selfish that you think you're the only one that can provide that to her, like Mia and others have already said.

Why not bring happiness to the homeless laying out by the library? Or old people? They need love, too, even if they are going to die soon.

maybe she will be impressed that you do this, and it will make her happy to know you care about humanity enough to do this.

unico said:
oh, and as a special request, can the next thread be Bumpass, Virginia? Tomorrow is my last day in this miserable state :hi5:

sorry, we have already decided on Dumb Hope (Northumberland, UK). we being nsw, me and peedrinker.

Varitek said:

maybe she will be impressed that you do this, and it will make her happy to know you care about humanity enough to do this.

I think maybe Screwtape should begin by telling his family and friends that he cares for me.

the tourist said:

Are you wanting to tell her you care for her because of people you've known who haven't been told they're cared for?

If so, did those people have significant others?

Screwtape2 said:

Yes and yes. One word, one little note can make such a difference in a life or even be as little as bringing a smile to someone's face. This is who I am. I just want to bring something as small as a smile to her face. Does that make me selfish?

I don't suppose you could elaborate on this part, Screwtape.

Varitek said:

Or she will wonder why you smell like tuna fish and death.

Good night, guys. :wave:

Screws, even if you make a dumb decision, I hope it works out for you.

screwtape, you are making me reconsider my interpretation of

Give me one more chance
And you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances
You won't be denied
Well my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between
Give me one more chance
Let me be your lover tonight
(Check it out)

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing