Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #391
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Really, no kidding. Horrid place over there. Would only be worth it if U2Man were still around.

Thank science for the Superthread!
I miss him.

It would be good if some people took a step back and realised U2 aren't flawless.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #392
Vocal parasite

A toad stood in his ballet shoes
Teaching sixteen kangaroos
How to skip across a lake
They found it hard to stay awake

Ah, Steven Wilson, you made such funny music when you were into all that psychedelic stuff.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

You missed some of our fastest paced threads for a while! This place has been moving.
oooh, did i miss any action?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #394
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:23 AM
As far as EPAA lyrics are concerned, if this is the ending to the song like I think it is, then people need to wise up and realize how effin fantastic the song is

Go you leave
Go live outside of me
But don't you leave
Don't leave out part of me
Then I can feel
Like I (feeled?) before
And I can't hold on
And I see the floor
And you pick me up bits and pieces on this floor

Do they make perfect sense? No, but they still feel beautiful
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #395
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

oooh, did i miss any action?
I'm too sleep deprived to remember!

You know how smoke detectors beep when the battery gets low on power? My next door neighbour's beeped all through last night. I slept very badly.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #396
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
As far as EPAA lyrics are concerned, if this is the ending to the song like I think it is, then people need to wise up and realize how effin fantastic the song is

Go you leave
Go live outside of me
But don't you leave
Don't leave out part of me
Then I can feel
Like I (feeled?) before
And I can't hold on
And I see the floor
And you pick me up bits and pieces on this floor

Do they make perfect sense? No, but they still feel beautiful
The end of EPAA is awesome.

Honestly, I would relegate it to b-side status if I had my way, but it'd be a fucking great b-side.

That whole era owned. How The Three Sunrises, Bass Trap, Boomerang II, and Love Comes Tumbling missed out on making the album is beyond me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #397
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

The end of EPAA is awesome.

Honestly, I would relegate it to b-side status if I had my way, but it'd be a fucking great b-side.

That whole era owned. How The Three Sunrises, Bass Trap, Boomerang II, and Love Comes Tumbling missed out on making the album is beyond me.
Love Comes Tumbling got shafted in the survivor thread People have no taste
Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #398
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Oh My God, it's so funny that you said that. It's sorta this joke between Chass and I, that I interpret the lyric stay safe above beside as Stay Save above B-Side

My explanation being, Bono's saying "look guys, I understand that maybe this song is kind weird and out there. Maybe it's not the most perfect thing ever, but come on, at least keep it above a B-side"
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #399
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Love Comes Tumbling got shafted in the survivor thread People have no taste
Bass Trap should have won.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #400
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oh My God, it's so funny that you said that. It's sorta this joke between Chass and I, that I interpret the lyric stay safe above beside as Stay Save above B-Side

My explanation being, Bono's saying "look guys, I understand that maybe this song is kind weird and out there. Maybe it's not the most perfect thing ever, but come on, at least keep it above a B-side"

WHY COULDN'T HE SAVE TTS, BASS TRAP, AND LCT FROM BEING B-SIDES TOO!

Silly Bono.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

WHY COULDN'T HE SAVE TTS, BASS TRAP, AND LCT FROM BEING B-SIDES TOO!

Silly Bono.
I'm usually not one for reordering albums, because if the survivor games are any indication, I suck at flow. But I know for sure that I would've held off on Pride. Obviously, that would've probably been a bad choice, and they never would've probably become AS famous, but I just feel like Pride belonged on TJT. 4th of July needed to be replaced with Bass Trap, and ISS needed to be replaced with LCT

I haven't listened to Three Sunrises in a while so I can't even remember how it goes right now *goes to listen*
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #402
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I'm usually not one for reordering albums, because if the survivor games are any indication, I suck at flow. But I know for sure that I would've held off on Pride. Obviously, that would've probably been a bad choice, and they never would've probably become AS famous, but I just feel like Pride belonged on TJT. 4th of July needed to be replaced with Bass Trap, and ISS needed to be replaced with LCT

I haven't listened to Three Sunrises in a while so I can't even remember how it goes right now *goes to listen*
Pride clearly dates from the War era (hell, it was created at a War Tour soundcheck in Hawaii!), so I think it could have been a non-album single. That would have both done wonders for U2's profile, and allowed UF to be more cohesive without it. Though in all my custom tracklistings, I keep Pride.

Personally, I would replace 4th Of July with Bass Trap, EPAA with Boomerang II, and add The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling. The album has the room for two extra tracks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

I could never get rid of EPAA, and as much as I want to, I don't really care much for the Boomerang's.

I would add Three Sunrises in somewhere, I just can't figure out where. I'm tempted to actually make this playlist, breaking every rule I've ever set for myself about tracklist tampering
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
I'm out, guys. Have fun with your tracklisting giggles.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #405
Blue Crack Distributor

K, I sorta lied, I dont' like the intro to Boomerang, after it picks up it's tastic

Tags
superthread