Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

I'm honestly not sure about this one.

Well, I said "possible" not "she'll be eating out of your hand". :wink:

It's like a .000102% chance versus .00000000000000000000000000000000102%.

Varitek said:

I'm honestly not sure about this one. It would have a better chance of happening, but Screwtape, know this sounds mean but I'm trying to honestly help you somehow: If you continue to have the outlook that you do, which is removed from the outlook that nearly everyone else in our society has, you will not succeed. And this difference in your instincts, perceptions and inferences from everyone else's does not make you a Romantic Warrior, but off in a way that veers towards sociopathy or dissocialness. (I've only taken intro psych, so i may be off in my terminology, but basically, if you always see things different than everyone else, there is something wrong.)

I can't change who I am. I can't help that my outlook is different from everyone else. Does that mean I destined to go mad or already have? Maybe. I am what I am. I can't change that.

RavenBlue said:
I thinks I'm older than Tourist as well.

CanadaRoads and I are the same age

I thinks anyway :shrug:

But you're not here so often either. I do know that I am older than Varitek, Axver, Ian, PFan, and LM.

KhanadaRhodes said:

excuuuuuuuse me for having a life, job, and needing to take vacations so i don't go on killing rampages :tsk:

and excuse me for missing out because I"m on killing rampages. :tsk:

elevated_u2_fan said:

I asked him on his take of Waydown and it's obvious geo-political ramifications for the Middle East...

He told me not to touch him...

good times...

G-d I still love Catherine Wheel songs. Too bad their last album was so misguided and they had to end things. I saw their very last concert, in LA.

Dalton said:
Lead stories on my local news tonight: local college student dies of meningitis and a pet bear escapes from captivity.

I've got to get out of Michigan.

I made Cedar Point plans today. That will be my escape from Michigan during my 10 day visit to the state this summer.

KhanadaRhodes said:

excuse me for missing out sometimes because i'm having to bail you out :tsk:

excuse me for missing out because you're a little short on cash, mister. :tsk:

Screwtape2 said:

I can't change who I am. I can't help that my outlook is different from everyone else. Does that mean I destined to go mad or already have? Maybe. I am what I am. I can't change that.

javierbardem-no-country-for-old-men.jpg

I know that I feel better.

Screwtape2 said:

Don't you learn things as you live, though? You seem to dismiss all attempts to educate and advise you as "not understanding" and "you being who you are and not changing that." We're trying to help and advise you. Huge difference that you're completely missing.

phillyfan26 said:

Don't you learn things as you live, though? You seem to dismiss all attempts to educate and advise you as "not understanding" and "you being who you are and not changing that." We're trying to help and advise you. Huge difference that you're completely missing.

You're right but deep down I can't change what I am. My outlook stems from that. I have always been this way and I will always be this way.

elevated_u2_fan said:

give it another listen :wink: I was less impressed with their previous album; Adam And Eve :tsk:

I actually did a few months ago. I like Adam and Eve a lot, actually. Not as much as the first two, or even the 3rd, but I enjoy it.

Elfa, the show I saw of theirs was so amazing. They opened with Strange Fruit and it just took off from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom