Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
The MA border? So you must have been near Sturbridge or something.

Or if you were further west, not far from Springfield.
i was visiting a friend of mine (who now lives in jamaica plain, so there's no invasion of privacy or anything by saying the city or whatever) who lived in willington, connecticut. since i wasn't feeling well, all i really got to do was visit the surrounding smaller towns. the most i got to see of hartford (which i flew into obvs) was the airport :sigh:

I hate to pile on, but...

Screwtape2 said:

This is just something I have to do.

Honestly, the audacity of this plan of yours seems to be at odds with any "love" you may want to bring to her attention. Think about it.

Screwtape2 said:
You guys just don't understand. I know what I am doing.

I know what you are doing, and the results aren't going to be good. You seem to be willing to accept losing your library and a potential friendship for some 1 in a million shot at romanticism. It doesn't add up, and we're all trying to show you reason. Now, you're blocking out the reason as "us not understanding."

KhanadaRhodes said:

i was visiting a friend of mine (who now lives in jamaica plain, so there's no invasion of privacy or anything by saying the city or whatever) who lived in willington, connecticut. since i wasn't feeling well, all i really got to do was visit the surrounding smaller towns. the most i got to see of hartford (which i flew into obvs) was the airport :sigh:

Willington, ok. Yeah, just over the border is Sturbridge, MA.

Been on that highway many times...

Screwtape2 said:
You guys just don't understand. I know what I am doing.

You have no idea what you're doing, but, you never seem to let that, nor the avalanche of dissenting voices stop you. She does not "deserve" anything from you but respect for her situation. Your feelings for her do not override all other considerations. How do you not recognize that? There's a gap between being a romantic and being a stubborn creep.

"i know what i'm doing" just reminds me of the guy who hears the noise in the horror movie, and goes to check it out, despite everyone else telling him not to. then he dies.

No spoken words said:

You have no idea what you're doing, but, you never seem to let that, nor the avalanche of dissenting voices stop you. She does not "deserve" anything from you but respect for her situation. Your feelings for her do not override all other considerations. How do you not recognize that? There's a gap between being a romantic and being a stubborn creep.

You have turned into the best pinch-hitter in the game.

phanan said:
Willington, ok. Yeah, just over the border is Sturbridge, MA.

Been on that highway many times...
ahhh, i see. the only thing i remember is stopping at some hotel in massachusetts and watching my friend hit on some girl he knew in high school :lol:

it was the first exit off the interstate, so it was probably sturbridge.

phillyfan26 said:

I know what you are doing, and the results aren't going to be good. You seem to be willing to accept losing your library and a potential friendship for some 1 in a million shot at romanticism. It doesn't add up, and we're all trying to show you reason. Now, you're blocking out the reason as "us not understanding."

I'm not looking for a relationship. That's not possible. I just want her to know how I feel. I think she'll be moved by it.

No spoken words said:
:up:

Screwtape2 said:
I'm not looking for a relationship. That's not possible. I just want her to know how I feel. I think she'll be moved by it.

I said friendship, first of all. Second of all, she won't be moved. Why would she possibly be moved? She has a boyfriend. All you'll be doing is putting in her an awkward situation. It's not fair to her. It's disrespectful to her. It's a bad idea across the board, because it puts her in a bad spot.

It's still there? Awesome!

One of my favourite parks from the 80's in PEI they got rid of. Rainbow valley rocked. There was even a petition from other likeminded now adults that as kids, went there.. but alas, it wasn't enough :giggle:

phillyfan26 said:

I said friendship, first of all. Second of all, she won't be moved. Why would she possibly be moved? She has a boyfriend. All you'll be doing is putting in her an awkward situation. It's not fair to her. It's disrespectful to her. It's a bad idea across the board, because it puts her in a bad spot.

Pfan, have you not seen Pretty In Pink? You would understand if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom