Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
You can deal with not revealing your feelings. You have to. In the course of life, there are a lot of things that are left unsaid. They have to be. For example, my mother's very religious. If I told her I've lost faith in religion, it would break her heart. So, I don't. I go to the masses.

Also, there's a girl I like. But I don't tell her, as you know. I can't. She's with my friend. The need to let it out cannot trump the unfairness to her. It's not fair for her or for my friend. Just like how you won't be fair to her or her boyfriend. There's a reason people don't do what you're thinking about doing. It's because it's unfair and a bit disrespectful.
:up:

LemonMelon said:
In general, I run important issues through in my head dozens of times before I have a chance to make a decision, and that usually removes the element of emotion from them and forces me to think it through analytically. It's not easy to do that in situations like these, but totally worth it.

Realism and practicality are the two mainstays of my decision making process. :up:

LemonMelon said:
:reject: Mine is in ZC.

In general, I run important issues through in my head dozens of times before I have a chance to make a decision, and that usually removes the element of emotion from them and forces me to think it through analytically. It's not easy to do that in situations like these, but totally worth it.
:hug: i hate posting in zc. but that's just me. i don't think less of anyone who does, of course.

that's a good idea as well :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hug: i hate posting in zc. but that's just me. i don't think less of anyone who does, of course.

that's a good idea as well :up:

I haven't posted in there in ages. The last thread I made was last summer when I was really depressed and poured my fucking heart out. Glad I did.

That section is pretty much dead now though. Most everything below PLEBA is.

LemonMelon said:
I haven't posted in there in ages. The last thread I made was last summer when I was really depressed and poured my fucking heart out. Glad I did.

That section is pretty much dead now though. Most everything below PLEBA is.
:hug:

and yeah, it is. i hardly see anyone post in there. the only thread that sees any action in there these days is the ib one.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ahhh i see :wink:

Still not happy about it, lost access to my DVDs, 3/4 of my cds, my tv, guitar and my desk which would of been really useful with the whole college exam studying thing.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hug:

and yeah, it is. i hardly see anyone post in there. the only thread that sees any action in there these days is the ib one.

:) Yeah and the IB thread is screwed up now because the IB section is getting action for other reasons besides bannings. There's one false alarm after another. :waiting:

phillyfan26 said:
my mother's very religious. If I told her I've lost faith in religion, it would break her heart. So, I don't. I go to the masses.

My family is very religious too, I was sent to Catholic all-boy schools for 13 years, and in the last year I've made it clear to my parents that I don't have faith any more. I couldn't bring myself to actually go to mass because I just hate the church and a lot of the things they stand for, so going to mass would make me feel like too much of a hypocrite.

LemonMelon said:
:) Yeah and the IB thread is screwed up now because the IB section is getting action for other reasons besides bannings. There's one false alarm after another. :waiting:
yeah. and the zc thread just becomes stupid chat crap full of :corn: and stuff. i've expressed my dislike for the thread before, no need to again.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. and the zc thread just becomes stupid chat crap full of :corn: and stuff. i've expressed my dislike for the thread before, no need to again.

There's no point to the thread, really. Someone should have created a thread to discuss the reasons we get off on people being banned in the first place. All psychoanalysis.

LemonMelon said:
There's no point to the thread, really. Someone should have created a thread to discuss the reasons we get off on people being banned in the first place. All psychoanalysis.
yeah, especially since you can't blatantly discuss anything (rightly so, i don't disagree with the policies). it's just the same crap over and over.

:shifty:

:corn:

:hyper:

any time anyone posts anything that causes drama. no one's going to get suspended at the drop of a hat, calm down people.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, especially since you can't blatantly discuss anything (rightly so, i don't disagree with the policies). it's just the same crap over and over.

:shifty:

:corn:

:hyper:

any time anyone posts anything that causes drama. no one's going to get suspended at the drop of a hat, calm down people.

The superthreads provide more drama, honestly. We do far more user-bashing than we should ever be allowed to do, and there's plenty of musical, relationship, and political discussion to go around. :hyper: Superthreads FTW.

is screwtape still here?

listen, I've been on the receiving side of advances from someone who knew I had a boyfriend. Not only did it make me feel awkward and uncomfortable around him, but he persisted a second time after I said I wasn't interested and I lost any potential respect I had for him (I, like your librarian, didn't know him that well) because he did not seem to respect me, my relationship, or my feelings.

LemonMelon said:

The superthreads provide more drama, honestly. We do far more user-bashing than we should ever be allowed to do, and there's plenty of musical, relationship, and political discussion to go around. :hyper: Superthreads FTW.

Superthreads are great for lurking in and occasionally posting in when I feel bored :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom