Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #226
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
See, here I'm thinking you were all metricy and it would be nice of me to convert



I'm 5'1"
My mother measured me in feet and inches when I was little so I know that best. And I understand weight best in stone. We just had old tape measures and scales!

My mother's 5'2.5" and she didn't have too much trouble seeing a U2 stadium show in Brisbane.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #227
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Adelaide?

Khan...
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
See, here I'm thinking you were all metricy and it would be nice of me to convert



I'm 5'1"
You were here when I left, and you're here when I'm back.

Were you up all night?
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #229
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:53 PM
perhaps there's hope for me yet.

I think I'm just afraid of all the people that will be there. I have a real problem with crowds. Usually I can get over it at concerts because I'm so excited to be there. But the last two concerts I was at, the first being a festivalesque show that I had seats at, the second being Springsteen where i got into the fairly spread out pit, have made me forget how squashed in I was in the U2 GA
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #230
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan


You were here when I left, and you're here when I'm back.

Were you up all night?
Yes.

I'm losing my ability to focus, so I've been using the thread as a pick me up. It's this final exam, I'm so nervous about it. Mostly I'm scared now because I feel prepared. I don't like that feeling.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #231
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
perhaps there's hope for me yet.

I think I'm just afraid of all the people that will be there. I have a real problem with crowds. Usually I can get over it at concerts because I'm so excited to be there. But the last two concerts I was at, the first being a festivalesque show that I had seats at, the second being Springsteen where i got into the fairly spread out pit, have made me forget how squashed in I was in the U2 GA
If you get close enough, I think you should be alright. I hate crowds too, and I'm nervous about every gig I go to, but I found U2 audiences tend to be pretty peaceful really. That said, I never tried to get close to Bono. That looked rather squashy.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
KhanadaRhodes 164
bono_212 137
Axver 118
Either Axver is suffering from severe RSI after the last fifty+ postwhoring threads and can't actually type, or he's actually been doing uni work...


__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #233
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Ali, inquiring minds want to know

Is it Alisaura Rex

or

Ali's Aura?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #234
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
If you get close enough, I think you should be alright. I hate crowds too, and I'm nervous about every gig I go to, but I found U2 audiences tend to be pretty peaceful really. That said, I never tried to get close to Bono. That looked rather squashy.
Bono's like a crowd magnet. That having been said, I don't remember being uncomfortably squashed, but I was never right at the front... it was probably much worse there than it was near the B-stages.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #235
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:53 PM
I was next to a very drunk obnoxious couple for the show I was in the pit for
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
Ali, inquiring minds want to know

Is it Alisaura Rex

or

Ali's Aura?
I saw you asking that at the start of the thread... the dinosaur theory is correct

and if you want to get really nerdy, it's "Alisaura" rather than "Alisaurus" because the -us is a masculine ending, and -a is feminine.... and the "rex" means "king", incidentally.

There are some real dinosaur names with the feminine ending... Maiasaura ("good mother lizard") and Lleaellynasaura (probably spelled it wrong, but named after the daughter of the palaeontologists who described the species for the first time), off the top of my head....

Yes, I'm a big science geek.



I never even considered people might read it as Ali's Aura!
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #237
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Bono's like a crowd magnet. That having been said, I don't remember being uncomfortably squashed, but I was never right at the front... it was probably much worse there than it was near the B-stages.
I don't really remember in the stadiums that well, but in Boston, I remember looking down the front row at one point when Bono was right down at the very edge of the stage, and there looked like one hell of a crush.

I'd be pretty certain that would be the same in any venue.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #238
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212


Yes.

I'm losing my ability to focus, so I've been using the thread as a pick me up. It's this final exam, I'm so nervous about it. Mostly I'm scared now because I feel prepared. I don't like that feeling.
When is the exam?
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #239
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Either Axver is suffering from severe RSI after the last fifty+ postwhoring threads and can't actually type, or he's actually been doing uni work...




YOU'VE BEEN THE ONE MAKING ME WORK!

(Well, at least a couple of evenings ago anyway ...)
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #240
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 09:53 AM
*makes note to wear some kind of anti-rib-crushing padding if she ever tries to get front row*
__________________

__________________
Alisaura is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com