Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
The Porcupine Tree Railway Spectacular?

1. Trains
2. Pure Narcotic
3. Way Out Of Here
Etc.
How long a DJ set do you think you could make with just PT travel songs before you had to repeat something?

And I think you're taking liberties with the travel theme with Pure Narcotic... unless the lyrics are more about trains and less about drugs. :wink:

Train set and match spied, under the blind
Shiny and contoured, the railway winds
And I've heard the sound from my cousin's bed
The hiss of the train at the railway head

Always the summers are slipping away

A sixty tonne angel falls to the earth
A pile of old metal, a radiant blur
Scars in the country
The summer and her

Aaaalways the summers are slipping awaaaaay
Find me a way for making it staaaayyy

:drool: :drool:

Alisaura said:

How long a DJ set do you think you could make with just PT travel songs before you had to repeat something?

And I think you're taking liberties with the travel theme with Pure Narcotic... unless the lyrics are more about trains and less about drugs. :wink:

:lol: I should try that some day ...

And Pure Narcotic has one of my favourite PT lyrics ever!

Have we ever been here before?
Running headlong at the floor
Leave me dreaming on a railway track
Wrap me up and send me back

The Sad Punk said:
Well, I think we know why PT are Axxo's favourite band, now.

Lazarus even has the clacking of trains at the end. :up:

STUPID POST TIME:

MrPryck2U said:
So, you're trying to convey to me that U2 were at their creative peak 21 years ago?

I believe that U2 are a group where the term "creative peak" gets thrown out of the window. They're still making relevant music and the creatvity is still flowing. I see no peaks or valleys.

http://forum.interference.com/t186564.html

"the creatvity is still flowing"

Gotta be pulling legs here.

Wow, glad I didn't post about peaks and valleys in there like I had planned on. Would've ended up flamed.

Why can their be NO constructive conversation in EYKIW?

The Sad Punk said:
What were you going to write?

I can't stand topics like that, where everything is just subjective. :huh:

THat personally I believe U2 has several peaks, and a few valleys. I think TUF was a major peak, that leg to an even higher peak with TJT and AB, then there was a dip for a while, and personally I do believe ATYCLB was another peak, but HutDab is def a valley. :shrug:

The Sad Punk said:
I can't stand topics like that, where everything is just subjective. :huh:

It's just not even worth the bother on EYKIW any more.

I would happily discuss this topic with you guys, or on my blog, or with various other people from here. But there are people on EYKIW who make a calm, reasoned discussion impossible - or who I simply clash with and can't stand. So why involve myself? I'm happier in the Superthreads and B&C and any setlist topics that may come up.

Axver said:

It's just not even worth the bother on EYKIW any more.

I would happily discuss this topic with you guys, or on my blog, or with various other people from here. But there are people on EYKIW who make a calm, reasoned discussion impossible - or who I simply clash with and can't stand. So why involve myself? I'm happier in the Superthreads and B&C and any setlist topics that may come up.

Really, no kidding. Horrid place over there. Would only be worth it if U2Man were still around.

Thank science for the Superthread!

Ok...it needs to be 11:30

I'm so tense right now...any sudden movement and I might asplode

unico said:
heya ax!!! what's up? i'm so restless, yet i don't wanna do any of the stuff i'm supposed to do. i'm taking a 15 minute break then i'll get started again. what'd i miss while i was away?

I'm dreading proofreading an essay because I know I'll think it's crappier than when I last proofread it and want to burn it. But it's due tomorrow so I can't exactly start again.

You missed some of our fastest paced threads for a while! This place has been moving.

bono_212 said:

No one knows the lyrics to EPAA, pass it on.

I swear to Darwin that part of it sounds like "hear the cows sing" to me. I know it's not, but once when I wasn't paying attention I thought I heard that and can't help hearing it that way ever since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom