Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #166
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:07 PM
The drink is bull's blood.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
The drink is bull's blood.
Well judging by the colour of it, I hope it was either HIGHLY diluted or Bull's Piss instead

Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:07 PM
US foreign police in the later half of the 20th century until now makes me sad. What HAPPENED to this country? I mean, like I said at some point in time during the last thread, I'm proud of my home. At least the people in it. But our government sickens me. I don't understand how people can sit idely by and watch these things. I don't think I could've lived here happily in the 70s and 80s while all this crap was going on. I mean, I realize that the US did sorta the same thing in Latin America during the 30s/40s, but I don't think it was anywhere near the scale of...depravity that was the late 20th century.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

How many other threads could have one post talking about blood and wee's and the next talking about governments etc.....

Powerjuice to the Superthread!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey

Me too!! We decided it must be an electrolyte drink......
i thought it might be ice tea
Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #171
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
US foreign police in the later half of the 20th century until now makes me sad. What HAPPENED to this country? I mean, like I said at some point in time during the last thread, I'm proud of my home. At least the people in it. But our government sickens me. I don't understand how people can sit idely by and watch these things. I don't think I could've lived here happily in the 70s and 80s while all this crap was going on. I mean, I realize that the US did sorta the same thing in Latin America during the 30s/40s, but I don't think it was anywhere near the scale of...depravity that was the late 20th century.
Honestly, I think US foreign policy is just a long string of fuck-ups. One of the worst has got to be that Manifest Destiny bullshit. Imagine if somebody tried to pull that stunt today! If China said its manifest destiny is to rule from coast to coast in Asia.

I am always cynical about US foreign policy, because the US has such an absolutely terrible track record. Now, that's not to say other countries are doing much better, I mean the UK's got a hideous record too (their SAS provided training to Khmer Rouge affiliated guerrillas in the 1980s!), but since the US is the lone superpower right now, I think it deserves the most scrutiny.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #172
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey

Well judging by the colour of it, I hope it was either HIGHLY diluted or Bull's Piss instead
Maybe it's liquified bullshit to keep Larry spewing crap about Passengers and Pop.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Honestly, I think US foreign policy is just a long string of fuck-ups. One of the worst has got to be that Manifest Destiny bullshit. Imagine if somebody tried to pull that stunt today! If China said its manifest destiny is to rule from coast to coast in Asia.

I am always cynical about US foreign policy, because the US has such an absolutely terrible track record. Now, that's not to say other countries are doing much better, I mean the UK's got a hideous record too (their SAS provided training to Khmer Rouge affiliated guerrillas in the 1980s!), but since the US is the lone superpower right now, I think it deserves the most scrutiny.
This is why I try not to think about these things. I mean you can't know unless you live here, that it's not all bad internally. It's the external that is wrong. And even now, the internal's getting worse. People in the same political parties are beginning to hate each other, gas prices (I know they're worse in other countries) are getting astronomically out of hand, we still have race problems, I mean, it's just one giant fuckyoufest.

Usually I would shy away from this topic, but you've caught me at a half awake stage, so I'm willing to discuss.

You're right, from the beginning it was shit, manifest destiny is and was embarrassing. I'm Native American, so I do have some resentment to that part of our history. It sucked hardcore. It's kind of silly, but I try at all times not to have $20 on me because I can't believe we honor the horror that was Jackson. You want an embarrassing president? And instead we commemorate his memory on our most used piece of money. That's fucked up right there.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #174
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Maybe it's liquified bullshit to keep Larry spewing crap about Passengers and Pop.
Larry LITERALLY full of bull shit..

Excuse me while I lol
Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Right this has got far too heavy for me...... Catch you later!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #176
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry Gluey
Old 05-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

i kept looking at the drink beside him wondeing what it was.
So did i.

I decided it was a screwdriver.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #178
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212

Larry LITERALLY full of bull shit..

Excuse me while I lol
It's true.

Incidentally, I agreed with that U2 confession thing. Larry should quit. U2 would be better without him.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #179
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm buggered. Good night all!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #180
Blue Crack Distributor

You know, a lot of fans would be really crappy about it for a while, and sure, I think there would be some danger in U2 breaking up if one member left, but I think in the long run, people would see that U2 is SOOO much better off without him.

Tags
superthread