Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essay proofread and bibliography done. :up:

Now to proofread it four more times, think it's even more shit each time I look at it, and hand it in expecting my worst mark ever ... :crack:

Axver said:
... Claytons doesn't ring a bell? :ohmy:

But that's the extent of my knowledge of non-alcoholic "booze", since it entered the lexicon, re: a Claytons solution.
Is that the brand of the stuff, or is that a specific U2/Adam reference? Either way, I don't recall hearing about it before... :shrug:

When I went out to St George, I did see a few wild 'roos. :up:

Hell, when I lived on the fringe of the fuckin' Gold Coast, we had wild 'roos come up to our place! And wallabies, more frequently. Pottaroos, all that stuff. Never saw a wild koala though. Apparently they used to live around the area but had long since left due to the increasing development and human activity.

Axver said:
AND NOBODY BROKE IT? If my smoke detector pisses me off, I'll just break it. I can't tolerate the noise.
I think it was a matter of no one could tell exactly where it was coming from... probably one of those cupboards that has lots of blinking lights and controls security things for the whole building, which was locked in an office no one could open cos all the resident advisors were on hols or locked in their rooms studying or something.

Or else it was one of the clapped-out old lifts, and the repair guys took forever to show up...

You both are making me want to go to Australia.

Roadside attraction in Australia ~ Kangaroo
Roadside attraction in the US ~

babypossum.jpg

What would you rather see whilst driving at night? This

babypossum.jpg

or This:

kangaroo.gif

This:
possum-closeup.jpg

Or this:

kangaroo-love.jpg

I think we all know the answer

Alisaura said:

I never have.... :angel:
But it's so funny... :D

*runs*

You know, I actually brought this upon myself. My friend's father called me Dr Dre all through high school - actually, he still does; I saw him in December and he greeted me as Dr Dre! I happened to mention this to Khan one day and now look what's happened.

When I get my PhD and really am Dr Axver, I'll never hear the end of Dr Dre!

Axver said:

Now to proofread it four more times, think it's even more shit each time I look at it, and hand it in expecting my worst mark ever ... :crack:
Leave it for as long as you can before you read it again... it really does help to get some distance from it.

Axver said:

:hi5: that's how I roll

Take this test for example. I'm feeling confident, so I'm sure I'm going to fail.

bono_212 said:
What would you rather see whilst driving at night? This

babypossum.jpg

THAT!

If you hit that with your car, YOU WON'T FUCKIN' DIE!

Hit a kangaroo and your car is a write-off and odds are you'll be a bit beaten up too!

Alisaura said:

Leave it for as long as you can before you read it again... it really does help to get some distance from it.

Actually, that usually does worse for me! I'll come back to it, say "this is absolute shit ... but I don't have time to start again, oh I'm so fucked!"

In exam conditions, I never check over my answers. I just hand it in and that's that. Essays give me too much opportunity to second-guess myself ...

Alisaura said:

How rare. I've never heard that term used... Maybe my dad will remember. :lol:

Shouldn't be hard. I expect he remembers woolly mammoths and the last Ice Age, and his parents told him their first-hand accounts of when dinosaurs walked the earth. :wink:

Excuse my last post, that kanga is clearly drinking lager!

Alisaura said:

.... :ohmy: I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-alcoholic beer. I'm astonished enough people would buy it in Australia that it's worth someone's while to manufacture/import it. :lol:

Good on your brother, though! :up:

Also, how are you?

Cooper's brews it here, and they're the most popular brewery in South Australia, so it gets money. I have also seen some import ones, though they're not necessarily alcohol-free, but with a very small percentage, considerably less than light beer. I was looking for a sixpack of something to bring to a party once, and noticing the German name of one of these on the shelves, I picked it up! Luckily, my brother informed me it was only 0.5% before I took it to the counter. I hate to think of the reaction if I brought that to the party. :lol:

Yeah, he's feeling much better now that he drinks less. And I'm doing the same too, but rather than non-alcoholic beer I prefer juice, milk or iced tea. Doubt I'll ever really get into that stuff. :wink:

I'm good, thanks. Slept in this morning, which was a bummer. I was having a great dream though, so it's all good. Went to a Moroccan place for tea with my mum - very good stuff. :)

bono_212 said:
Take this test for example. I'm feeling confident, so I'm sure I'm going to fail.
But if you're sure you'll fail, you're not feeling confident, are you? So you'll be fine... except you won't then... but then you will..

:crazy: *headasplode*

Axver said:

THAT!

Hit a kangaroo and your car is a write-off and odds are you'll be a bit beaten up too!

There is of course this fucker as well

monsterBUCK.jpg

Alisaura said:

But if you're sure you'll fail, you're not feeling confident, are you? So you'll be fine... except you won't then... but then you will..

:crazy: *headasplode*

Yeah, that's usually the impression I leave on people :sigh:

Axver said:

This is an excellent point.

I used to live in Canberra for a few years, which is not called "The Bush Capital" without reason. Dead wallabies and 'roos and birds are a common sight along the major roads, and after the bushfires went through in... when was that, '02? Anyway, suddenly there were kangaroos EVERYWHERE, hopping down suburban streets and terrorising people.
(Well, I only heard of one woman being terrorised, and that 'roo was probably not well.)

I overheard one American telling his friend that he was so disappointed that the first kangaroo he ever saw was roadkill. :lol:

I don't know what it is, but each and every story you tell me about kangaroos is filling me with laughter. I think it must just be because I've never seen a kangaroo, and for it to be such a blah everyday sort of experience for you is overwhelming.

Axver said:
Shouldn't be hard. I expect he remembers woolly mammoths and the last Ice Age, and his parents told him their first-hand accounts of when dinosaurs walked the earth. :wink:
:tongue:

Don't get me started on the whole cavemen-weren't-living-in-dinosaur-times thing... :madwife:

Alisaura said:

:tongue:

Don't get me started on the whole cavemen-weren't-living-in-dinosaur-times thing... :madwife:

Of course cavemen weren't. They're his younger brothers and sisters.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm good, thanks. Slept in this morning, which was a bummer. I was having a great dream though, so it's all good. Went to a Moroccan place for tea with my mum - very good stuff. :)
You dreamed you had Morroccan for tea? :wink:

Erk, you just reminded me of the dream I had last night. There were people from work in it...! :ohmy:

Sleeping in... :drool:

Hell, it's gone 11pm... do I heat up the taco stuff, eat it cold, or just not bother? I wanna get a decent sleep tonight... :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom