Actress Nell Carter Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.cnn.com/

Actress-singer Nell Carter dies
Thursday, January 23, 2003 Posted: 1:33 PM EST (1833 GMT)

vert.carter.jpg

BEVERLY HILLS, California (CNN) -- Actress and singer Nell Carter died Thursday. She was 54.

Carter's publicist Roger Lane said Carter collapsed and died of natural causes in her Beverly Hills home.

One of Carter's 13-year-old adopted sons discovered her body. Carter is survived by her sons and an adult daughter.

She had suffered from diabetes and had recovered from a near-deadly bout with a brain aneurysm in the 1990s. Lane said he did not know if her diabetes contributed to her death.

The Birmingham, Alabama, native may have been best known as the sassy housekeeper in the 1980s NBC sitcom "Gimme a Break," but she also was known for her stage work. Carter's performance in the 1977-78 Fats Waller musical "Ain't Misbehavin'" garnered her an Obie and a Tony award.

I grew up watching Gimmie a Break and I remember seeing her on Hanging With Mr Cooper. She will be missed.

She sang the National Anthem at an Angel game a few years ago...she had a powerful voice.

How horrible for her son to find her dead. She was only 2 years older than my husband. :|

I think you should educate your kids about calling 911 if Mom or dad is acting funny or won't wake up....

My college roommate still feels bad about her mom - her mom had some health issues and had been bedridden at home for about 3 months. She was quite obese and was more comfortable being in a waterbed. My friend went to make her lunch one day (as in, she had only left her mom for a few minutes), and when she came back her mom was unconscious and having a heart attack. Because of her mom's weight, she couldn't move her out of the bed, and due to the physics of the waterbed, she wasn't able to perform effective CPR. Her mom died right there and I think she still feels guilty.

Hate to think about losing my parents.......:(

this is sad news :sad: I liked nell too

how sad for her son to have to find her

Back
Top Bottom