Across the Universe Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is nothing sacred?! Haha...now a leak of Eddie Vedder's Into The Wild would be more compelling, but that's not far off so I can live.

I'm buying the extended soundtrack tonight. I'm hoping the packaging will be interesting. I thought the singers did a great job with the songs. I've been listening to the short version cd so much now, I need the full version. I thought the movie was great :up:

Isn't the complete soundtrack only available for download from iTunes and on CD from Best Buy??

Yes, I've been talking to someone at BestBuy, he said they plan to put it out tonight (even tho their website says the 19th... I'm not sure which one will be correct but I'm hoping it's the guy in the store) :wink:

I bought the soundtrack the day it was released on itunes. When I saw they were selling it for 14.99 I was like pretty expensive. So I checked the reviews and then it showed the price at 9.99 and it was the same album. So I tried to buy it but it would not allow me? So I said fuck it and bough it for 14.99 but I took some screen caps and sent an email to Apple. They replied apologizing for the mistake and were refunding the 14.99. So I got the who album for free. :)

bonocomet said:
Yes, I've been talking to someone at BestBuy, he said they plan to put it out tonight (even tho their website says the 19th... I'm not sure which one will be correct but I'm hoping it's the guy in the store) :wink:

correction: The site says 9/18. Either way... I'll get it today or tomorrow hopefully.

I finally heard the Bono tracks - I liked "I Am the Walrus" quite a bit, but didn't care for the version of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

anyone want the deluxe edition? I have it, I was unsuccessful at converting it to mp3 so if you have itunes add it to your play list and then burn to a cd if you want. My email is marine22@sbcglobal.net

I'm not sure how long it will be 9.99. There were only 2 Bono tracks as far as I knew. Walrus and Lucy which is Bono and Edge... Did you hear that he did any more?

Justin24 said:
I bought the soundtrack the day it was released on itunes. When I saw they were selling it for 14.99 I was like pretty expensive. So I checked the reviews and then it showed the price at 9.99 and it was the same album. So I tried to buy it but it would not allow me? So I said fuck it and bough it for 14.99 but I took some screen caps and sent an email to Apple. They replied apologizing for the mistake and were refunding the 14.99. So I got the who album for free. :)

Nice deal :wink:

I'm listening this evening -- I like it. Nice versions of the songs overall. Of course, they'll never touch the originals, but I like to hear new interpretations.

Can someone please clarify for those of us who are confused (i.e., me)? Is the deluxe version of the soundtrack ONLY available on iTunes, or is this Best Buy version ya'll are talking about the deluxe edition?

Best Buy is selling a "Deluxe Edition" 31 track (all songs from the movie for the most part) double cd. It was $9.99 to start with, but I'm not sure if it is still that price. It also has a booklet with lyrics and pictures, but I don't know if that came with the standard version as well.

(As far as I heard, that was the only place you could get that physical version of the cd, not sure if that will change.)

corianderstem said:
I finally heard the Bono tracks - I liked "I Am the Walrus" quite a bit, but didn't care for the version of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

I'm the opposite - I thought I Am the Walrus was pretty average, I didn't like the music much, I thought Lucy was pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom