Acid Jazz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Acid Jazz...thats right, Acid Jazz.

One of my friends who is overseas has really got into it. Apparently some really good beats and stuff. Does anyone know much about this type of music, I am keen to give it a go but dont know what its like or who is a good artist to look at.

Any clues?

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by bono_man (edited 05-15-2002).]

I was quite into it for a while too. Still like it occasionally...
My favourite group is definitely The James Taylor Quartet, they are damn funky and play songs with and without vocals, most without though I'd say. Really love their versions of the Starsky & Hutch and Dirty Harry themes.
I'm not too well up on the other artists so much, The Brand New Heavies spring to mind I suppose, but I guess it depends which incarnation of them you listen to as to what you'll get. New Jersey Kings also quite a well(ish) known group.
Suppose Jamiroquai is the best known artist in this category, us3 had that hit a while back too, but I think most people are finding the whole thing a wee bit dated and that it doesnt really move on so much.
Just my thoughts...

------------------
Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

?*~darkcloud~*?

I used to love it. Some acid jazz bands are Brand New Heavies, US3 and Jamiroquai. It was cool then, but it was kinda too mild for me, there wasn't really any 'kick' to it, if you know what I mean. Since acid jazz, I've moved on to lounge and electronica, which, IMO are a bit related, if not, evolved from acid jazz.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom