Accupuncture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meditative or self-hypnotic techniques might help if it's mostly a fear issue. If you're the type who almost faints just having blood drawn, then you might want to prepare psychologically first.

I've used acupuncture a few times for pain relief. The needles they use are very, very thin, and while I was vaguely aware of them being inserted, it was only even slightly painful on one occasion where they inserted a few of them more deeply due to the nature of the pain, and even then it was just a twinge--I've had IVs inserted that hurt LOTS more. So I wouldn't worry about physical pain, as far as that goes.

Good luck with it, whatever remedies you wind up trying. Don't put off trying something too long, though...you've probably already experienced this, but one thing I find as I get older is that ankle sprains, bruised ligaments etc. I could've simply ignored 10 years ago will now tend to result in permanent greater weakness and instability in the area if I don't do whatever stretches, etc. the doctor suggests diligently.

Well, my pulled muscle is healing up so far. My chiro recommended the needles to help with the stress from my class this year, as well as the stress conditions and out-of-alignment bones that led to the muscle pulling.

I don't know. :huh:

I can do blood drawn, and IVs make me crazy, but I stay conscious. But the idea of lots of little needles....:|

Snow's PM helped.

:huh:

Martha We'll make a pact of sorts. If you do it for your pulled muscle, I'll do it for my back. lol

I saw a segment on Oprah a couple of weeks ago, and she basically was a guinea pig and let the Doctor stick her with a few. It didn't look all that bad. There was a woman in the audience who was taken backstage to have a session and she said she felt a lot better after her treatment. The needles appeared to be very thin, and apparently it's not that painful. But I'd still be a chicken. I have, in the past, passed out from having blood withdrawn. That's why I'm usually laying down or sitting in a chair buckled in (per se) :wink:

I have a co-worker who has a ankle problem and she has just started accupunture. She said it wasn't too bad. She said her ankle feels a bit better.
She is trying to get me to try it for my knee/leg problems. I am sticking with my TENS unit for now (#1 on the dial is called accupunture)

For us it is not covered by insurance so it is all out of pocket.
Hope you find something that will help ya.

shari schultz said:
I have a co-worker who has a ankle problem and she has just started accupunture. She said it wasn't too bad. She said her ankle feels a bit better.
She is trying to get me to try it for my knee/leg problems. I am sticking with my TENS unit for now (#1 on the dial is called accupunture)

For us it is not covered by insurance so it is all out of pocket.
Hope you find something that will help ya.

Hey Shari - I used TENS and Acu at the same time and the relief from each was totally different. If you can afford it maybe try one session. I prefered the Acu to the TENS, although I still use the unit every now and then. I really hope your knee gets it's act together, nothing worse than something like that taking forever.

Go for it because I used to go in for accupuncture treatments once a week when I lived in Seattle.
After each and every session, I felt so much better and the needles don't hurt abit.

Back
Top Bottom