accomplishments...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
i think with everything going on right now we need a nice light happy thread...accomplishments people...big and small...what have you done lately?

- just bought awesome comfy pants to lounge around the house with...
- got to school in record time (without getting pulled over)

- went to the beach with a friend i havn't seen in 6 years

continue... :wink:

I'm accomplished a little bit in my 16 years.

- Have been an honor roll student for years

- Have released two rock albums of my own, including writing over 40 songs over a two year span

- Have received much praise for my animation work

- Have amassed a collection of over 500 albums

Recently? Not a lot, I'm afraid. :|

- lost 10 lbs since Jan. 3

- got totally caught up on work yesterday

- got two qualifying scores at the dog show on Sunday, a third and fourth place for Kenya

- quit drinking soda

- convinced my mom to let us go to Florida with them in April

Graduated with Honors and got straight As in my last semester :yippie:

Got a full time job as soon as I was graduated :yippie::yippie:

Working out regularly and eating healthy has me feeling amazing.

In the process of getting my US drivers licence!

Made efforts to change my life around - doing and embracing things that make me feel good and happy, and eliminating the negative, stress causing factors to the best of my ability.

There are more too, just can't think of them now...

so far:

-eating a lot better and exercising
-still have a bunch of stuff to do but...I bought my dress, booked a baker and florist for my wedding, and booked our flights to Hawaii for our honeymoon :love:
-trying to maintain a more positive attitude at work
-trying to not worry so much in general

I'm graduating from Culinary school in about a month and starting my very first Pastry Chef job at a resort in the southwest. That's good enough for the year!

65 lbs gone since this time last year! :rockon:

Bought size 4 dress pants last week. (I dunno if that's an accomplishment but when you were wearing size 18 previously, it sure feels like one).

Got A's on last semester's MBA classes.

Packed tomorrow's lunch TONITE so that I won't be rushed and late tomorrow morning. :D

I found U2's Joshua Tree in the desert last weekend. Spent 2 days & nights relaxing at the Harmony Motel. :)

bonocomet said:
I found U2's Joshua Tree in the desert last weekend. Spent 2 days & nights relaxing at the Harmony Motel. :)

I thought that tree was long dead. :slant: Achtung Baby killed it.

bonocomet said:

I thought the tree was in Death Valley, not actually in Joshua Tree park. Just wondering....I'm planning a little road trip to both places this Spring and wasn't sure if I could do them both at once. I've been to JTNP a few times but never to Death Valley.

arw9797 said:

I thought the tree was in Death Valley, not actually in Joshua Tree park. Just wondering....I'm planning a little road trip to both places this Spring and wasn't sure if I could do them both at once. I've been to JTNP a few times but never to Death Valley.

Yes you are correct, the tree is just outside of Death Valley, and the JT National Park is actually very close to LA. They are a few hours apart. Depending where you are starting from you can get to both in one day, but we stayed overnight at the Harmony Motel (which is right outside the JT National Park) so we could spend a whole day there, because the initial drive to Death Valley is about 6 hours for me, then backtracking to the Harmony and JT park a few hours which is real close to me actually.

I'll PM you :)

LemonMelon said:

- Have been an honor roll student for years

- Have released two rock albums of my own, including writing over 40 songs over a two year span

1 - HOW?... you live here...

2 - for real?... 2 albums? ... I'm so jealous, really

pepokiss said:

1 - HOW?... you live here...

2 - for real?... 2 albums? ... I'm so jealous, really

1. It's all about balance. I don't really have a busy social life, so I have time for extra things and take time for friends when I can. I do the vast majority of my writing on the PC anyway, and I take a lot of "breaks" shall we say. :wink: Plus, I dunno, I just have a really good memory, so I've gotten good at taking tests over the years. I read at a 6th grade level when I was in 1st grade, no joke. :up:

2. Yes, it's true. I have a cheap recording setup in my basement and devote quite a bit of my spare time to it.

Finished my work for my Ph.D

Crossed off Wrigley and the Jake from the ballparks list

Broke 150 in golf (many people are very sorry I love golf)

Got accepted to a Surgical Program

Managed to wade through the finances of the arts co-op I belong to and get everything complied and off to the accountant. Trust me -- that was quite an accomplishment for my furry little brain. :D

Yesterday I was entirely vegetarian, thanks to a fantastic dinner at a Lebanese restaurant.

Also, I'm starting TAFE pretty soon. This may result in accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom